UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

Are we having a Secret Santa this year? I'm starting my Christmas shopping in earnest over the next couple of weeks so if we are I'd like to get mine tucked away :)

I have done a couple of hours of work this a.m so have rewarded myself with an hour on the PC.

an ECG, seen the consultant and home in an hour!

nothings written anywhere that I had a heart attack, so where did my GP read it? doesnt sound like angina, so where did the GP get that from?

hmmm

so, got to have a scan of my heart and wear a monitor for 24 hours

Jazz, if you can afford it, you can buy a copy of your medical notes, if you google your hospital and the legal department and records something should pop up, mine cost 50 quid and there are masses.... i found out that i should never have been operated on and when i was operated on i kept being told i was o.k and it is clearly written i wasn't plus they discovered i had trivial regurgitation in 2 heart valves and a atrophied leaflet tip in another bit of my heart but i was told all was fine!

Me too Murtle :jammin:

It's a horrible day here weatherwise. Really heavy bursts of rain. Archie has gone on a jaunt to Ambleside with the DW'er, baby and Dw'ers mum - and not forgetting his girlfriend, Sadie, the BC.

Ruby saw the nurse last night and argued with her that she wasn't in for bloods in July (the nurse was grumbling as to why she was there for more bloods when she'd been checked less than 3 months ago) When she got home she looked at her calender and she was away on holiday when the nurse was trying to claim she'd been in! We were wondering how it was showing on her records - or even if the nurse was looking at some one else's. Reading your accounts Jazz and Griff it sounds like these sort of mistakes may be more common that I would have thought :worried_anim:

Edited coz I am stoopid.

Edited by Yantan
  • Like 1

Yantan, i think the NHS is terrific and i can't say enough good words about all the help i have been given but until reading all of my notes i never had a clue about my heart or the fact i should never have been operated on. i wonder if there are two people with the same name at the practice? we have the same problem with my brother and dad and a lady gets booked in as a lady round the corner from here frequently... she has to give her address now

on the weather front............ SCORCHIO here, i have had the dog out and was in just a tshirt, not expecting it to last but a lovely change.

i popped round to see one of the ladies who lives near me, she was and always is so lovely to me and i have just found out she has pancreatic cancer.... i bought her a bouqet of flowers and i made her cry... but in a good way, amazing that £10 can make somebodys day.