UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

We are taking Shara to the vets today as her legs are still wobbly. I have a gym class at 6pm, so as mum needed help, I said to her that I need to get to the farm to sort Blue out by 4pm. The only time the vets had was 4pm :rolleyes: Going to go up to the farm in a minute, do most of my jobs, so I am back to help mum at the vets.

RMF - I never fail to smile when I hear Ant and Dec's Let's get ready to rhumble :biggrin: Have just put it on my Spotify playlist :)

Positive thoughts for Shara :flowers:

Good luck with the studying Michelle :flowers:

I sorted out the patio and moved stuff around and swept lots of dirt/hair.

RMF: Kinky is limping on her back leg again :( I suspect she's been trying to be too energetic and has come a cropper.

Thinking of Shara - I hope the vet visit goes well :flowers:

Sounds like a productive day Alex. Sorry to hear about Kinky's leg, I hope it improves quickly :flowers:

I'm trying to holiday plan for the rest of the year. Normally we go away at the same time as my parents, as then I don't have to sort out a dog walker for Kia and Logan while they're away. It makes deciding when to go away easy, as I just wait for mum to decide :happy: This year they have Toby cat on 4 different tablets and 3 meals a day, and we have Zooey on 4 medications and 2 meals a day. Thats a bit much to ask the neighbours to deal with, so we've decided to go away at different times, and Toby can come stay with us and Zooey can stay with them. It means I actually need to plan something though...

Am enjoying the early evenings. It was nice proppeed up on my bed reading with the sunset streaming through my window.

Am back to work after 11 days off has been a real struggle today :rolleyes:

Sorry you didnt get the contract Michelle at least you can take it as experience.

Hope Kinky hasnt done too much damage & Shara feeling less wobbly soon.

Monkey arrived home at 3pm and is now kipping in the middle of Ruby's bed.

I've noticed white flakes in his coat and his coat isn't quite as glossy as normal. Could this be a sign of something or to be expected at his age - 10 next month?

Shara's vet visit wasn't great news :( She is currently on onsior for her legs, they have tried her on steroids, but they upset her tummy. Basically the vet said she doesn't want to try her on steroids again unless we really have to, so we have a week's supply of tramadol to see how she gets on with that :( Mum was really upset when we were driving home, as Shara is her dog really, and she will be devastated when she has to be put to sleep :(

Poor Shara, that is upsetting.

Just something to bear in mind - Lily had horrendous arthritis and couldn't take most NSAIDs due to dodgy digestion. She took codeine for the last couple of years of her life without any problem at all. It worried me to start with, but as the vet pointed out, it didn't matter that it was addictive as long as I was in charge of the tablets and not Lily!

Marion, sorry I meant to reply to you too!

My last 3 dogs, Rosie included, have all had a bit of scurfy skin in the spring in the older years. Rosie is currently moulting out some of her undercoat, so i think it's connected with that. it doesn't seem anything sinister but doesn't look pretty on an otherwise black coat!

I'm adding salmon oil to both dogs food and it's really helped Fern's baldy dry coat, so here's hoping that Rosie's dusty phase goes quickly this spring!