UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done :) you will get back to that level of fitness you used to have a lot quicker than it took you to get there.

Have decided to do a spinning class tonight instead of my usual Monday cardio workout, sometimes I find it difficult to motivate myself if I am on my own and not doing a class, so I thought today I would give the spin class a go :)

Omg! I definitely prefer cycle blast instead of pure spinning! It was mega intense cardio :laugh: Mr G told me well done at the end of it though, so was pleased that I did well :)

At least in cycle blast you get a bit of a rest whilst doing the shoulder press/bicep curls :laugh:

Did my mental 4 class day today. Really enjoyed my classes today. In evil abs we had to do the partner assisted leg raises. There was an odd number so the instructor told me to demonstrate with him and he'd work with me. He told everyone to do 25, but because I was working with him, he made me do 30, then when everyone swapped over, he told me to do another 15 :) Then we had to do the same, but push the legs to the sides. Again he told the class to do 25 but made me do 30 :) After that he said to me I find this class too easy. I told him I didn't find it easy, I just worked through the evilness of it :laugh:

Then I had fitball, cycle blast and strength and conditioning. They were all ok, tough going, but enjoyable :)

Cardo today

Ran ( and walked ) 2 km in 14.30 minutes , still down on my March times when I could run 2.4km in that time but i am happy with that

did 1500 metres on the rowing machine and I am only 15 seconds under my March times

tomorrow is lower body and its tough tough tough !

next week I am going to go to some classes

Kenyan hills sound tough ! do you jog down the other side ?

I have been doing running , sprinting and for breaks walking fast on high gradients which does seem to be doing the trick in helping me regain cardo abilities

very pleased that upper body strength is even better than in March , I have been using free weights in Sri Lanka and I still rock with the TRX

Harumph the runner came off my walker so I can't use it today so I was inspired and did 10 mins swing/jive dancing then after a couple of mins to catch my breath I went on youtube and found a dance funk work out which I managed 6 mins worth. Was feeling quite pleased with myself until I put those details into my training diary thing and it only gave me 72 calories for the jive and 54 for the dance funk workout. I got more than that for "standing" on Saturday (I spent 90 mins in Evans' looking for holiday clothes carrying great armfuls around, trying on dozens of different outfits, back out to get more clothes in smaller sizes when it turned out I wasn't as fat as I thought I was :cheer: (either that or Evans has started being more generous lol) more tryings on etc.fast walk uphill back to car with big bag of clothes when I realised ticket was about to run out :unsure: looked on myfitnesspal and the options were standing fishing (on river bank) or standing (playing guitar in a band) so I went for "fishing" since I did a lot of bending and arms over head movements and instead of the full 90 mins I only credited myself with 45 and that came up as 333 calories! hmmmm maybe I should do more clothes shopping .... LOL

What are Kenyan Hills? :unsure:

Glad you are making progress Sam :flowers:

Sounds like clothes shopping is the way forward in exercise - sod Strength and Conditioning, I might just go holiday shopping instead - will be much more fun than evil gym class!

It's official, I think I have become the girl I was scared of when I first joined the gym. I did my abs class this morning, it was hard but I managed to do everything ok. There were 2 other women there who have only done the class once before. When we were doing one of the exercises, they were grumbling to themselves how easy I made it look (pullovers and leg raises with the bar are not easy, but you just need to focus through and do them!). So Ryan came back that I'd been doing his class for a while. They said back to him, oh good, so if we do this every week for 6 months, we'll have a body like that - fab. I would have joked back that it has taken nearly 12 months of hard work to get to this point, but I was busy doing my leg raises :laugh: Plus I didn't want to sound like a cow.

Have got my friend coming to Fitball again tonight :)

They are all fairly hit and miss as it does depend on a few things and they can only do general!

Ran 7 miles today in new shoes! Did I mention I have new shoes? I have new shoes as my leg is knackered from long mileage in incorrect shoes!! Resulting in an all time slow park run on Saturday although I could have run a but faster seems as I hurt so much I ran round with an American lady and had a bit of a chat!