UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Year - New Plans

murtle

As it is the 31st today I thought I would start a new year, new plans thread!

I am not great on New Years resolutions but I have a few changes I am hoping to make.

1. Plan better, actually plan some things for the year don't just let it pass me by.

2. Complete the DIY in the house, this will be done by accepting OH isn't going to either do it or help so I need to do it myself and get a grown up to complete the rest!

3. Complete work activities for my courses!

4. Stop leaving things to the last minute and also it in advance so I can enjoy things!

5. Plan a holiday

Does anyone else have any challenges or New Years resolution they hope to achieve in 2013?

I don't do resolutions but we do have plans for 2013.

Top of the list and one which I started working on yesterday & today is plan & book the "big" (for us) holiday that we put money away for earlier this year, we have had such a stressful 2 years with Nicks wedding, my mums illness, Rob retiring from the RAF and needing to find a new job and a new home, my mums death and all the stress and upset that came with it, buying mums house and moving back to Wales, Robs new job, etc. we didn't get a holiday last year and only had a short break the 2 years before that, so a holiday is MUCH needed. Its a celebration of mums life, Robs retirement and my 50th birthday, so its to be USA USA USA!! Rang a travel agent this morning to get some quotes which I'll compare against all the research I've been doing myself before deciding whether to "go it alone" or book a package. We've pretty much decided on New York & Boston with the travel between to 2 being on the Amtrak train but we have the option to add in a few days in Washington as well with an extra Amtrak trip - it'll all depend on whether we want just a "taste" of 3 different cities or a bit longer in 2 of them.

I also need to start looking for a job - personally I'd rather "retire" but hubby wont let meeeeeeee LOL going to be a bit choosy about the job though, as now we're away from Nick we need to ensure Nogs needs are met and it wouldn't make any sense for me to work part time just to spend the money on a pet sitter, so hours and days need to be worked out around the Nogster, and then hope that there are jobs that will fit in with that and that they'd want to employ me.

Other than that we have to sort out the garden wall.

Sounds exciting Snow :)

I don't have any new resolutions as such, however I do intend to continue my hard work at the gym that I have been doing over the last couple of months. Hopefully this will then lead to me finally getting a bloke.

I also want to continue working Blue towards doing a few dressage shows next year. Last year was a complete write off for competing, as he went lame in February, and couldn't be brought back into work until August, so by the time he is working nicely (I.e now), the year has gone.

I would also like to start taking more care of myself with regards to hair etc, and not leave it 6 months between hair cuts like I usually do :rolleyes: :laugh:

That sounds very exciting Snow..and very industrious Murtle and Jayne! I'm afraid I don't have any plans really, apart from trying to lose some weight, and trying to demolish some brick pillars in the garden which are doing a good impression of mini leaning towers of Pisa...assuming the arthritis stays at bay and lets me! I don't think we'll be having a holiday this year as money is rather tight but hopefully we'll get SOME decent weather so we can get out into the Peaks with the dogs.

I have a lot to look forward to in 2013 with two grandchildren on the way and my daughter's wedding so I think the year will be taken up with planning and preparing! I would like to lose some of the 2 stone I have put on over the last four years but I'll not be too ambitious - maybe all the running around will help!!

Whatever your plans I wish you all joy and happiness and good health for 2013. You are a lovely lot on here and I do enjoy reading the forum!! :) xx

• Like 1

Ooh, sounds intriguing Sam, can't wait to hear.

I have nothing very ambitious planned for 2013, mostly carrying on with previous years' plans that I haven't quite got round to yet.

- this year the vegetable garden will get cleared and planted out properly

- this year I will make more of an effort to understand the local dialect and accent (it's like the French equivalent of Geordie lol)

- this year I will find out if there is a local rescue I can help out. I know where the SPA (similar to RSPCA) ones are but none are near me

As it is the 31st today I thought I would start a new year, new plans thread!

Does anyone else have any challenges or New Years resolution they hope to achieve in 2013?

Good luck with your plans. I have no defined plan or resolutions as to how yet but 2012 (and indeed the last few years) don't seem to have been upto much & I hope / plan to make 2013 a better one!

I don't do resolutions but we do have plans for 2013.

Top of the list and one which I started working on yesterday & today is plan & book the "big" (for us) holiday that we put money away for earlier this year, we have had such a stressful 2 years with Nicks wedding, my mums illness, Rob retiring from the RAF and needing to find a new job and a new home, my mums death and all the stress and upset that came with it, buying mums house and moving back to Wales, Robs new job, etc. we didn't get a holiday last year and only had a short break the 2 years before that, so a holiday is MUCH needed. Its a celebration of mums life, Robs retirement and my 50th birthday, so its to be USA USA USA!! Rang a travel agent this morning to get some quotes which I'll compare against all the research I've been doing myself before deciding whether to "go it alone" or book a package. We've pretty much decided on New York & Boston with the travel between to 2 being on the Amtrak train but we have the option to add in a few days in Washington as well with an extra Amtrak trip - it'll all depend on whether we want just a "taste" of 3 different cities or a bit longer in 2 of them.

I also need to start looking for a job - personally I'd rather "retire" but hubby wont let meeeeeeee LOL going to be a bit choosy about the job though, as now we're away from Nick we need to ensure Nogs needs are met and it wouldn't make any sense for me to work part time just to spend the money on a pet sitter, so hours and days need to be worked out around the Nogster, and then hope that there are jobs that will fit in with that and that they'd want to employ me.

Other than that we have to sort out the garden wall.

I'm sorry to read you had such a stressful couple of years and in particular of the loss of your Mum. I hope 2013 will be a happie one for you too.

Happy New Year all!

Edited by Ian

Lose weight, make sure I use my new exersise bike daily :D

I was reading today..and it was on the tv too..that it's been proved scientifically that 3 minutes vigorous exercise twice a week is better for you than hours at the gym! You warm up with some stretching, then get on your exercise bike and pedal like a mad thing for a minute till you are breathless...get your breath back and repeat twice more. Do that twice a week. Well, sounds as if even I and my dodgy knee could manage that, one little snag..don't have an exercise bike!

• Like 1

I was reading today..and it was on the tv too..that it's been proved scientifically that 3 minutes vigorous exercise twice a week is better for you than hours at the gym! You warm up with some stretching, then get on your exercise bike and pedal like a mad thing for a minute till you are breathless...get your breath back and repeat twice more. Do that twice a week. Well, sounds as if even I and my dodgy knee could manage that, one little snag..don't have an exercise bike!

do you the link to that please ?