UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Loo, do the 'elf service not have to follow the same rules as commercial companies for redundancies? If they do, what on earth are they doing...maybe HR has budget left over they need to spend on unfair dismissal claims?!

Alex, really you exceeded your review...who'd have thought it hey?!

I am still on my way home...but I have 11 work days left. I am happy in the knowledge that the users I have worked with are sad that I am leaving and that they also dislike the project people that have made my job unenjoyable....but after today the guy I was working with fully understood why when he saw how my work was being handled!

• Like 1

Moaning :tired: Stonking nedache.

Murtle - you'll be so much happier elsewhere. I really like where I am working now and my boss is possibly the nicest man I've ever worked for, but dead down to earth and his quips are almost as smutty as mine. Between him and the other male in the team, they are both hilarious and quite often we find ourselves giggling away like schoolkids.

Thank you Alex, and I am really glad to hear that your place is so lovely. I do believe it is important to be happy with / at work as we spend so much time there. But as an idea of te people i work with: One of my colleagues was told off for going to the toilet during a workshop where he was taking notes...the fact he asked me to cover for him for the short time he was away didn't matter...we have also been told off for talking about the project in a group (of three) by our chairs as well! It is farcical but not fun long term!

• Like 1

Morning - and it's a lovely calm DRY one :) I was just going to bed last night when we got funder and lightening so stopped up with Archie, who was hiding from the nasty funder under the coffee table, and didn't get to bed until 2am.

Murtle what an awful place of work. It doesn't take much for a workplace to be run successfully. Fairness, civility and a little humour go a long way. It always amazes me how nasty some bosses can be but as my nanna always used to say "the higher the monkey climbs the tree the more it shows it's arse".

These are just power crazy, out of their depth contractors trying to make a name for themselves! The type that claim the work you did was there's...hmmmm......I've learnt and now *share* my work with multiple people so they can see where it is coming from!!

Please can you keep the rain for a while, we had it last night and the poor cats were out in it...they have braved the outdoors again so it would be nice if it could stay dry for a while!

Thank you kindly :-)

Thanks Murtle. There is one person who I find hard work (and I know the blokes do too) but I can live with that as the other two are so nice.

RMF : Waiting again (grrrr) for neighbour to come home because Kinky is presumably locked in their house (couldn't see her hanging about outside) and they are not in. I am going to keep her in all over the weekend and they can just feck off. I like to come in on a Friday night, feed the animals, get changed, put my tea in the oven (usually pizza) and pour myself a drink then relax. I can't do that cos I know I'll have to go out again so they have pizzed me off again.

Edited by merledogs

Alex I'm so glad you're working somewhere you enjoy and murtle I hope things improve for you soon, the contractors sound like the management team I had to endure when I was teaching :flowers:

I hope Archie has recovered from the thunder and lightning :GroupHug:

A crazy squirrel decided to try to jump through my closed window this morning, the dogs are still looking for it :rolleyes_anim:

• Like 1

One person isn't too bad Alex, and it can help everyone else unite if they all think the same!!

I danced last Friday...I think it was last Friday...it was sometime recent anyway....

I am here

http://s313102812.websitehome.co.uk/DancePhotos/Bellydance_Odyssey_9Nov_2012/nov09219.html

and here

http://s313102812.websitehome.co.uk/DancePhotos/Bellydance_Odyssey_9Nov_2012/nov09040.html

I danced twice :-)

xxx

• Like 1

Looking good Murtle :)

Hope you have Kinky cat back now Alex :flowers:

Yesterday when I got to the gym, Mr Gorgeous gym instructor was working again. He came over when I was on the cross trainer (and glowing like a radioactive tomato) and asked me how I was feeling after the class yesterday. He told me I have been doing really well and everything will get easier. When I was on the rowing machine, he then went over to the treadmills and had a look at those, and then when I went on the exercise bike, he went and stood looking over the balcony into the weights room, opposite where I was on the bike. When I had done my workout, he was back behind the desk and spoke to me again when I was leaving. Now it could be that he is just a nice guy and trying to encourage me to keep going with my fitness plan, but part of me kinda hopes that he does like me. I find this really hard to believe as he is absolutely gorgeous, and could have the pick of any of the size zero gym bunnies who go there (so can't see what he sees in me if he does like me!). Am just going to keep plodding along as I am and see if he says anything - I really don't want to embarrass myself by asking him out, as I really enjoy his classes on a Wednesday morning, so don't want to stop going just because I have made an idiot out of myself by reading the wrong signals...

Morning :wavey: Lovely frosty morning here, hopefully, the fields will have dried out a bit and I can take the dogs for a really good walk later. We've had to stick to village walks for the last few days because the fields were too muddy.

RMF : I have just done the dogs' n cats' christmas shopping. The cats have snuggly new beds and the dogs have toys and treats.

That reminds me, I was in Home Bargains yesterday and they had some nice dog beds in a Zebra pattern. On looking closely at the label, it said "For pet use only." I'm still wondering what other use they could be put to :confused:

• Like 1

mornink xx

you might want to sleep on it lol

the *** teenagers at the back must have been on their own last night. the noise was so bad the dogs wouldnt go in the garden. this morning they have thrown over a bottle of PVA glue which has gone everywhere. ive hurt my hip covering it up, hope the dogs dont lick it or step in it.

good job I cant walk that far or id be having big words!

Afternoon. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Have been mega busy.

Inlaws stayed with us last week, which was lovely. They went home on Sunday. Had a chap round to clear our guttering on Thursday. Did a really good job. I think I'm going to get him to do other stuff round the house and help me with the garden as it's too much for me. Am currently involved in year end accounts stuff. I ordered lots of leaflets for my business and am going to give that a good push when they arrive.

Alex I'm not surprised to hear probation review went well. They have struck lucky to get you working for them. Have a word with yourself. You're conscientious and very good at your job and have all the qualifications to boot. What more could they want. Really pleased to hear you are getting on so well with them and there is lots of amusement too. Hope you will be happy there for many years to come.

Murtle I'm pleased that your contract will soon be finished. It's torture having to go to a company you really don't want to and with that journey too. Hope something as good as Alex has found pops up for you in the new year.

Loo hope your job situation is resolved to your satisfaction. It's not pleasant and very worrying. Thinking of you.

Have had my hair cut this morning and Scoobs has been to hydro. Seeing my dad this afternoon. I didn't manage to see him last weekend due to another migraine so feel really guilty about that.

• Like 2