UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

WB snowy one :flowers:

I'd go for the first option Alex - take the temp job and then have to work a week's notice. After all if V can hang about all this time whilst the security checks are done what's another week to them? You've nothing to guarantee the V job and frankly I am a little taken aback that they haven't made a written offer with the usual subject to - in this case - a required security check. You have to look after numero uno after all!

You were posting as I was still writing Alex! Is there anyway you can contact V direct to explain your dilemma?

I could email the bloke but I am scared to in case he tells me something I don't want to hear :rolleyes:

Been to sign on with another agency. They are very small and niche so not sure anything will come of it, but he did say he'd send my CV off to one of the previous company's competitors as he had a contact there.

RMF 1: Timmy is being very clingy today, not sure why. He just glued himself to my legs while I was picking poo and I nearly fell over him several times.

RMF 2: Had the fire on for the first time last night cos it was cold.

I forgot to do the verbal ability test until now - I only got 48%!!! It was a stinker. I felt really pressurised because of the clock ticking.

Oh I've misread the results - doh! I got 57% so I feel a little bit better but even so it's not a great score is it. Eye roll.

Edited by Yantan

Lol you both did a lot better than me! it could have been a foreign language for the sense i could make of it Lol.

i got my mum the hairy bikers book the weight loss one, it was on offer the other week at the book people for a fiver and i have just had a bash at making the flan they did on their show....... it actually turned out o.k!!!!!! and my mum says it's lovely! took my mind of things for a bit anyway

Evening

Alex people offering temp roles know only too well that there is always the chance that the person who takes the job is looking for permanent roles and will need to leave before the end of the contract. I would take them up on their offer and tell the other agency you now have to give a weeks notice to take up the other job. You look after number 1. The company will wait another week for you once they've got the information back on your security clearance. I'm sure you will be safely ensconced at V very soon but they will understand you need to protect yourself and being on your own you need to be bringing in the lolly.

Hope it isn't too costly Marion.

Martyn had a lovely Birthday thanks. I had lentil shepherds pie (which is one of my faves mash with various veg that have been through the blender with tomato and a spicey flavour of some sort tis very tasty) and an icecream sundae. Martyn had a rare steak. We're so incompatible these days lol

• Like 1

My garden is a nature reserve, tonight alone we've seen several frogs & 2 hedgehogs, this afternoon the squirrel and Nog had yet another eyeballing contest through the glass door of the conservatory, Mr Fox must have passed through in the night as Nog tracked him all over the garden this morning and I was dive bombed by the most gorgeous and HUGE dragonfly when I was out poo picking. We have a family of magpies in the trees, collared doves & wood pigeons and at least 1 green woodpecker, not forgetting the blinking big black & white bird that no one seems to be able to identify (think Magpie but with the colours reversed) and of course the seagulls. Poor Nog keeps finding all these creatures in HIS garden who dont give a stuff that he lives here now - ironically the 2 things Nog has NOT seen yet but I have which is why he hasn't lol are the 2 ruddy cats who are using our garden as a short cut to the woods at the back .... they have passed Nog by mere inches whilst he's had his back to the glass door or windows and by the time he turns around they are out of sight - thats not going to last forever .....

• Like 2

Good morning Everyone!!

Yes it isn't yet 6am and I have been up for an hour already. Everytime I get a chance for a lie in my blummin' body wakes me extra early and my brain won't go back to sleep!!

Rosie is going in for her MOT today and I have an appointment to get my hair cut. It is with trepedation that I am facing both appointments. Having a cash flow problem I am hoping Rosie will sail through the mot but it's those secret things (under the bonnet) that scare me! I love my hairdresser - she is going to be Amy's Maid of Honour - but she does my hair so I look old and I don't like that. My birth certificate and my body may say 54 but I prefer my hair to be short and funky and 25ish!! I hate looking like I have just come out of the hairdressers and usually go straight home and wash it again!

Snow - your garden sounds like bliss!!

Hugs to all xx

(edited cos Buddy jumped on the keyboard and posted before I was ready!!)

Edited by Loo

Morning Loo :flowers:

Fingers crossed for Rosie today :flowers:

RMF : I realised why Timmy was clingy yesterday - cos he is a poorly baby. He has what looks like Cystitis again. I've given him some Cranberry tablets and made him drink lots so will keep an eye on him and see how he gets on over the next couple of days.

Morning Merledogs & thank you for crossed fingers!

I'm with the others by the way - look after number 1! If V have gone to all the trouble of vetting you they aren't going to say no just because they have to wait a week.

Hope Timmy is better soon - poor boyxx

Since moving to our new house and having agreed not to smoke indoors I have gone from over 40 fags a day to between 16 & 18 a day which I am quite pleased about however .... this morning when I opened the back door to have my 1st fag of the day, clad only in my sleeveless pj's I was hit full in the face by orrible cold wet rain driven by 50mph winds this would be unpleasant at any time let alone BEFORE I have my 1st fag of the day! Today I suspect I shall be smoking in the garage and using the remote control to open the door to let the smoke out. uggggggg.