UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

my dad had to do some test things when he was with an agency but his were pretty straight forward...... simple adding up and errors in sentence type things..... they sent him the test on a paper, he read through and then asked me if he was right Lol. i *think* they just need written proof that you can understand english.... hope the test isn't too hard. i also agree with Jazz, is the bus an option?? we have a car place near by us and the staff turn up, park in our street and either get the bus or walk the rest of the way

Moaning :tired:

I've done the verbal reasoning test but it's timed - you get 19 minutes to answer 30 questions and I ran out of time :( I did some practice runs last night and it's really hard to do, even for someone who is good at English, which I like to think I am. I only got just over 50 per cent of them right on the first practice test and 45 per cent on the second one I did :( If I've missed a couple of questions then that is going to lower my score further.

The format of the questions is that you are given a paragraph of text and then a statement, which you have to decide whether it is true, false or cannot say and you have to base your answers purely on what is in the text. May sound easy but if you tend to over analyse things then it's not. You have to separate what you know, or what could be inferred from what is actually written in the text.

Hope I've done enough but I don't see the results as they are sent directly to the employer.

Alex I don't think its all down to the score and I think you will fine :)

It's chucked some ruddy rain down here this morning!

My luffley dog walkers might be moving to another town! They've found a couple of properties and were off yesterday trying to arrange a mortgage. I can't blame them, they are expecting a baby in November and are currently living in a static caravan which is fine for them on their own in summer but absolutely no good for a baby in winter. Oh heck.

Your the first person I know to have had a postbox near them painted gold! I haven't done the test yet as I've been too busy looking at old photos of London on-line. I luff old photos and seeing how places used to look and then using Google streetmaps to see what they are like now :)

• Like 1