UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Just popping in (as I am meant to be website building) to share a wobbly video of me dancing my first solo. The dance is a group dance we learnt in class and performed at a charity event, but in lieu of me choreographing something for myself just yet I danced it at another charity event on my tod!! (and I had to do it twice...)

Warning: there is a dance ball or something doing some flashing lighting in this and you need to turn your head or monitor or it might look a little odd!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfaKBr-uwIw&feature=youtu.be&fb_source=message

xxx

Edited by murtle
  • Like 1

Very graceful, murtle :cheer:

Today has been fairly uneventful for us. We have been to N Yorks but somehow avoided all the accidents and problems which held lots of traffic up on the way back. Yes, we had a strenuous afternoon squelching through fields after a dog on the run but that is to be expected. And she was spotted a couple of miles ahead of us, again a common occurrence but we were bang on course. Wispa did well but had a problem when her quarry ran through an intensive pig farm. Took 10 mins to get her nose working after that. :who-let-rip:

Only 3 1/2 hrs to go and if nothing much happens we will celebrate a truly run-of-the-mill day.

That is funny about the PO sorting office, wonder how often that happens.

With one hour to go before today is over, something not-boring did happen but it's nice. Someone reported several sightings of Bones the husky going in and out of woods next to a sports club over the past few days. First sightings for a month.

• Like 3

Moaning :tired:

What a shame Phebe.

Nice vid Murtle :flowers:

For those of you not on Facebook:

1. Marge and Jack and Cherry only need another £15 to reach their sponsored walk target in aid of Oldies Club. You can donate here :flowers:

2. Dogstar (or should I say Donkeystar) have come across loads of wild donkeys in a pretty bad way and have launched an appeal to help them. You can donate here. :flowers:

Shameless plug over.

• Like 1

Husky has been caught and is not Bones *sigh*

What a shame :(

Moaning :tired:

1. Marge and Jack and Cherry only need another £15 to reach their sponsored walk target in aid of Oldies Club. You can donate here :flowers:

2. Dogstar (or should I say Donkeystar) have come across loads of wild donkeys in a pretty bad way and have launched an appeal to help them. You can donate here. :flowers:

Shameless plug over.

Thank you so much Alex :)

I will go and check out the donkeys.

I have permission now to put up a thread for our walk, so have done so in fundraising. :)

More news and clarification today, the dog which was caught isn't a husky but a lightweight akita who belongs to a local person who lets him wander :mad: Earlier sightings in same place appear to have been of Bones, and she has blood on rear end. So we can assume she wasn't in season but is now and has the local boys after her.

Grrrr.

I'm in rant mode so please skim past this bit if you like ...

I got a quote from Sheilas Wheels for my home insurance, since eSure (part of the same group) had increased my premium by over £200 because I had one claim last August for a broken camera. SW quote was much cheaper, so just went online to renew it. On the summary page it details the claim, but under a section called 'general questions' below, it asks if you've had any claims in the past three years and the answer given next to it is 'no' (not able to change it, it's one of those general assumptions things). So I rang them up and asked them to confirm what the score was, because I didn't want to accept the policy until I had clarification. The woman I spoke to informed me that it's company policy that they can't insure me if I've made a claim in the last 3 years. FFS, why go through all the rigmarole of me entering all my details, then offering me the quote, then emailing me three times to remind me I've got a quote, only to be told I can't feckin have it?! :mad: I've sent a snotogram email to them. Feckwits :mad:

How incredibly annoying Alex. Just in case don't forget Quidco or easyfundraising for cashback options on insurance. I hate having to find insurance, they don't make it easy do they.

I had to phone Marks and Spencers up to get a Policy Schedule redone from them as the automatically generated one tells me that my policy expired on the 16th June 2011. I wonder how many other automated letters have been sent out wrong...very odd!!

• Like 1