UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

I have lurgy of the cough/cold/sore throat variety so am feeling a bit carp.

Hope it clears up quickly.

Listening to U2 while faffing with some year end stuff for work. Shame I can't sit with my headphones on at work. Wouldn't have to listen to the crap and could actually get some work done!

We're not allowed headphones either, would certainly help drown out the talkers!

Last night I threw Jack's ball into the kitchen

and he went to "fetch" it. He kept coming back and forth seemingly "looking" for it. I got up to go and help him find it, in case it had gone under a unit or something.

Jack followed behind me while I checked under every chair, under the table, in the cupboard and under the units. I went back into the living room, Jack still behind me, and I said to Keith I didn't know where it had got to.

Keith said, what's that in his mouth? You've guessed it, Jack had it in his mouth the whole time!

D'oh, how dumb am i?

:laughingsmiley:

• Like 1

Lol

Bracken played a trick on me the other night. Went into the kitchen and made out he needed to go into the garden. So I got up out of my chair. As I got to the door he shot to the side of me and legged it onto my chair. Little git. He won though. I didn't make him get off it and Fergus thought it was funny too. While he was sat hogging one of the sofas.

Finished doing work for work, done some of my freelance book-keeping stuff so feeling angelic. Going to head out into what should be a garden but is looking like some kind of jungle episode.

No haven't watched any Big Brother yet. Is it good. I know someone from rescue was up for eviction the first week.

Edited by Jacobean

We had a phone call which made us jump up and down a bit! Flint the springer who we went tracking about 3 weeks ago, slithering and squelching through the fens and beanfields of Lincs, has been picked up by a farmer today. He is in a right state with ticks and a wound with maggots (bleurgh) but should make a good recovery. Don't do it again, mate! I was really worried we might not see him until the crops were harvested.

LOL at Bracken.

• Like 3

Brilliant news about Flint!

Sorry about your lurgy Alex...stay at home if it gets too bad.

OH has been like a cat on hot bricks all weekend, swallowing headache pills like there's no tomorrow when he wasn't chomping antacids. He's psyching himself up to make a stand today and demand that someone..anyone..tells him whether or not he's going to have a job to come back to after our holiday. Must confess I haven't been much better myself. :confused: :mad1:

:laugh: :laugh: at Jack and Bracken

Excellent news regarding Flint :cheer:

Alex sorry to hear you are still feeling carp mate :GroupHug:

Suzeanna I hope your OH has some luck in finding out his fate. Anyone finding themselves in this sort of position needs to know what's happening and they should be kept up to date instead of left hanging. It's so unfair to add to the stress.

Archie is all excited this morning. The postie brought him a parcel and he does love parcels! He's on the Fish4dogs tasting panel and he's got 3 bags of treats and oh! boy does he like them. Although it might not have been a great move on my part to let him try them out before the vet check on his gob. They are particularly smelly and now his breath reeks :rolleyes:

Alex, get well soon, thinking of you.

All strength to you and your OH, Suzeanna. What his employers are doing is just plain wrong, but employers tend to think they can get away with anything these days.

So Archie not only has an active social life but a job as well, in the food industry :cheff:

Back from the vets and all is well :thumbsup_still: The little growth is a fairly common occurrence and is totally benign. The only time it could cause a problem is if it grows and covers the teeth, then the opposing teeth will cause it to bleed when they bite down. Removal is easy and they burn it off like they do warts but as it stands it's OK and we'll just keep an eye on it. Otherwise The Archibald is in super fit condition. Yay!

• Like 3

Just had an email from OH...he asked his Ops Manager if he knew what was happening and was told sorry, no, he knew no more than they did but people who are on annual leave when the information comes through from HR will be informed by letter to their home address. So, if they aren't told today or tomorrow, we'll just have to sit out there wondering. Fantastic.