UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Gooster :ohmy: :ohmy: thank goodness the leak was found and hopefully you will now have more money in your pocket :biggrin:

snow good luck with the house hunting :flowers: i am dead easily pleased...roof, walls and doors and i am happy :laugh:

Kittycat would you perhaps be able to try some voluntary work?? if you could find a career you liked you could ask some companies if they would allow you to do some unpaid work.... then you can say you have experience :biggrin: i wanted to do this with motorbikes but my mates insurance won't touch me (which i completely understand). or perhaps an apprenticeship.... they aren't just for kids :biggrin:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advice regarding the condensation, now you've mentioned about ventilation it makes sense I need a new "thingy" for the wall, plastic grid thing, mine broke and you can't open it so I'm guessing that's the reason.

That probably won't be the cause of the problem on its own, so you'd do well to get a dehumidifier otherwise the damp could cause all sorts of problems in the longer term flowers.gif

I was also going to suggest an apprenticeship flowers.gif Keep en eye on the paper or job centre as well - you'll find companies who are a lot less strict about what they are looking for so may be more interested in the person and willing to train you up flowers.gif

Off to Derby tomorrow, which I am really not looking forward to. The meeting was arranged to introduce the supplier to another person, who has cancelled at the last minute, but because I also invited someone else along, I need to still go mad.gif

Just to add Steph - have you tried eBay or Amazon for your goodies? flowers.gif

Other plumber has just left, he removed the offending leaky thing and replaced it with a stop tap. He thinks it was a pressure equalising valve to make sure that the amount of hot and cold water in the shower were evenly distributed (or something like that). He has put a stop tap on it and made it so that the flow is the same wherever the temperature is set. Couldn't test it for real as I have no hot water :rolleyes: He also tested my water pressure. Apparently it should be 3 bar, and mine was nearly 7 :rolleyes: :unsure: This is why my taps etc have been squealing and stopping working. He's gone away t work out a price for putting a pressure reducing thingy on it. Dunno how much his visit today has cost me either yet, as he discusses everything with mum and dad (mum knows him through work, and always contacts him when there is a problem)

Kittycat can you do both? College and your business? Or would college be too full on?

Gooster, lucky to have had the nice man come and fix your things, though I would ask him to let you know the costs unless your Mom is wanting to pay it all for you too :biggrin:

I've forgotton things, but Snow - how exciting and go and look at nice house...you live miles from your Rugby team at the moment :laugh:

I'm off Bellydancing now, so best get my skates on and some training clothes - but am so comfy on the sofa :rolleyes:

I have a bunch of random qualifications and none of them have been useful. Ive got my A levels, a diploma in photography, a certificate in animation, a payroll qualification and a retail management qualification. If I went back to college I'd probably do accounting. I don't really have an ideal job I just don't want to do retail, I hate the hours and I've no passion for customer service, customers just make my job difficult and I hate team management, the staff also make my job difficult :rolleyes:

I just don't have the skills for budget marketing, if I had the budget I have at work it wouldn't be an issue :laugh: I probably haven't given enough time to get much success from my "business" but I don't know where to start with networking and targeting the right clients :rolleyes: the start up costs aren't huge but if there's no return it would take me ages to pay if off. I'm at a loss at what to do :rolleyes:

Evening

Hope those with hurty mouths are sorted and a lot better very soon. :GroupHug:

Gooster that's worrying. Thank goodness it's being sorted.

Steph I'm a bit the same with mine. I don't really want to give it up but haven't the time to give it a push.

Have I told you my sister and bil are getting married in Feb so I'm going down there for a few days. Other sister who I don't speak to is being a pain in the rear. So I've told her it's her day. Have it just the way she wants and tell her straight. Like she needs any more stress. Martyn will have to stay home with the dogs as we've tried so many times to find somewhere to stay that I've given up.

Steph I'm a bit the same with mine. I don't really want to give it up but haven't the time to give it a push.

Maybe we could team up and do some cross promotion :flowers: have u got a FB or link to your website?

I'll never understand why families can be such arses! Hope your sister has a lovely wedding without anyone butting in :flowers:

Where abouts are you looking for houses Snow?

Yes well thats the problem lol :laugh: the plan has always been to return to Wales once we'd finished in the RAF - as we do not yet know where hubby might be working we're a little bit stuck for where best to look, but have settled on somewhere along the M4 corridor between Risca & Sarn - we ideally don't want to be more than 30 mins from either Barry or Bridgend and no more than 15 mins from a motorway junction. Personally I do not want to live in Cardiff - thats anywhere in Cardiff :laugh: however a lot of the jobs he's gone for are in Cardiff so it would make sense to cut down on the commute so I will reluctantly look at "some" areas of Cardiff.

The house I really really like is in Llansamlet, Swansea so completely out of our search area :laugh:

This is it though: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18969885.html

The 3 I'm viewing Friday are all in Bridgend and all semi's and far more practical for us where ever hubby ends up working.

Which brings me nicely to ................................................ he's got an interview for the job he really really really REALLY wants!!! :biggrin: If he does get it then we would be looking very much at Cardiff as well but I will be hard to persuade :wink: :laugh: