UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Morning :tired:

Alex [and other collie owners] do your collies have the prey/chase instinct. Izzies seems to be getting stronger the older she gets [shes nearly 4 :ohmy:

Nope. They will chase strange cats in the garden, but I think that's a dog thing rather than a collie thing. Timmy has some whuppet in him and is quite 'keen' with small furries, although if one jumped up and kissed him on the nose he'd probably run away laugh.gif

I'll have to rejoin Costco :biggrin: I need a new bed for Jacko in the living room.

I' sure he'd love you even more if you bought him one of those wub.gif

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just been to the dentist, poor scared lady lol first thing she said was have you been dealt with at the hospital? when I said I hadnt even had the scan yet,her eyes popped out of her head lol so shes done a quick filling but wont do a crown or any treatment till ive been sorted out.

then spoke to the doctors secretary, the scan still hasnt been booked! I spoke to my doctor, again last tuesday, who was definately going to book it. ive even rung the xray department to check, they said no.

Im really not happy now! gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Morning :D

Jazz that's very annoying my OH is battling with our local hospital to get her wisdom teeth removed and has been waiting almost a year!!

I have a DIY query, I've asked Google with little success. Is there a definitive solution to condensation on windows? We had brand new windows fitted two months ago which I thought would solve the problem in my room but I still have wet windows in the morning and it's causing a mould issue on the wall?

Oh well, looks like i have an odd collie then :wacko: :laugh:

Had a restless night last night as have an abcess under a tooth again. Tis bloody painful :mecry: Have some 'leftover' antibiotics :ph34r_anim: so treating it with that and some painkillers with anti inflammatory in. Swelling is going down but i'm a coward and know tooth will be removed as this is 3rd time its happened and i hate going to dentist :crying_anim: Will go if it gets to agony stage :rolleyes:

kittycat have you got cavity wall insulation?? i think if you google that you might find that it can cause issues, we have just bought a karcher window vac to deal with our condensation in the morning.... it is very fab :biggrin:

Jazz i am so very sorry to read your dr's are still piddling about :angry: i feel so very lucky with our dr, any tests i need are immediately sanctioned and i only wait around a month, why on earth tell you they are sorting it if they aren't? Not on!!!

i haven't been keeping up very well so for all who want one :GroupHug: my nan has taken a bit of a nose dive and i can't believe what a cretin my brother is..... i can't believe we are related sometimes! i told him to call my nan at new year as he didn't see her at crimbo... he didn't, i spoke to him yesterday and said how poorly she was and was he coming up any time soon so he could go see her before it is too late.... he was really off hand :angry: i said well perhaps give her a call and you can brighten up her day... he won't bother, don't get me wrong, i am not close to my nan and my family is very very complicated, i didn't see her for about 10 years and before that i rarely saw her as a child but now she is ill i thought i should lay things to rest and let her know if she needed anything i was around....my brother has had no such issue with her but is being a selfish moron! ahhhhhh bloody family :rolleyes:

on a brighter note.... the sun is shining :biggrin:

I have a DIY query, I've asked Google with little success. Is there a definitive solution to condensation on windows? We had brand new windows fitted two months ago which I thought would solve the problem in my room but I still have wet windows in the morning and it's causing a mould issue on the wall?

I've got the same thing with my windows. It's because there is inadequate ventilation in the house (more so if you have had double glazing fitted) and the water in the air (humidity) hits the cold windows and turns into condensation. Get yourself a dehumidifier. I put mine on for an hour in the living room in the morning and it clears the condensation (plus there is less condensation because the air is less humid). I then put it on timer for a couple of hours in the hallway when I go to work flowers.gif I only use mine for a few months over winter. I've got an Airforce one which I bought a few years ago from B&Q. The one thing I would say is don't buy a piddly little one or you'll keep having to move it about. Buy one which is meant for the size of your house and then when you put it in the hallway (leave all doors open) it will do a much better job flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs

Have finally found out why my gas bills are expensive :biggrin: I have the man from eon here servicing my boiler at the moment. Within 10 minutes he had found the gas valve in my boiler is broken, so gas has been trickling out of the flue! Bad news is that he has had to shut my gas off until the part arrives... No hot water/heating or cooking stuff will work. Looks like am back at mum and dad's house!!

Have finally found out why my gas bills are expensive :biggrin: I have the man from eon here servicing my boiler at the moment. Within 10 minutes he had found the gas valve in my boiler is broken, so gas has been trickling out of the flue! Bad news is that he has had to shut my gas off until the part arrives... No hot water/heating or cooking stuff will work. Looks like am back at mum and dad's house!!

ohmy.gif Thank buggery you found out and that the dogs weren't in your house! Don't suppose they'll give you a refund on any of the money?

RMF : My colleague has his grumpy head on today. I am sick of his moods cos he gets a bit too 'honest' (ie quite nasty) when he's like that mad.gif

I don't think so Alex, as the boiler is maintained by Eon, but I get my gas and leccy from Scottish power :unsure: Who knows how long it's been leaking for, so any money back would be difficult to gauge. On another positive note, last week I complained to the train company as my train was cancelled and I had to drive to work (and pay to park). As a good will gesture, they have sent me a voucher for a day's unlimited travel on Northern Rail services... Could have a freebie trip up to Blackpool or somewhere :)

Just renewed my driving license online. Was quite easy actually... Main reason for doing it online this time is they use your current passport picture. I only renewed my passport last year and quite like the picture, so want to keep the same one. It was quite weird though cutting my driving license up though to send back to the DVLA...

I've made appointments to go view 3 houses on Friday :ohmy: I'm going to be down in Wales with mum from tomorrow so it makes sense to start the ball rolling while I am already down there. They are 3 very different properties, 1 is an everything done just move in quite modern house but with a smaller garden than I really would like, 1 is a bungalow which is very much under the value of all the other bungalows in the area that needs "modernising" before its "liveable" which could mean anything really :laugh: and one is a house which is a bit of a mixture of the two, downstairs all done but upstairs needing a complete make over.

I've also seen a house I really really want but sadly its not in the area we want to be ... and it would mean changing rugby teams since its only 5 mins away from Liberty stadium but 40 mins away from Cardiff :mecry: shame really as its detached and directly opposite a huge dog walking common!

Eppp! Good job they found out about the leak Jayne!

Thanks for the advice regarding the condensation, now you've mentioned about ventilation it makes sense I need a new "thingy" for the wall, plastic grid thing, mine broke and you can't open it so I'm guessing that's the reason.

Snow, house hunting is very exciting, if it's wasn't a waste of people's time I'd go looking at houses as a past time :laugh:

I'm trying to decide wether I should put a load of money into trying to make my "business" work or just cut my losses and go back to college so I can get a "real" job when I'm no longer a carer for my Mother. Neither are a safe option as the only experience I have is retail and I hate it beyond all comprehension! If I have to analyse one more P&L report I might poke my eyes out :rolleyes: I'm just really terrified I'm gonna be working in retail forever because no one will take you on without experience regardless of your qualifications :(