UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who has spent the evening round the noisy nextdoor neighbours house :laugh: can't beat em join em :laugh:

Seriously was most unexpected - we knew they were planning a poarty as they told us on our xmas card so we were prepared for it to be realy noisy tonight but figured what the heck its New years ....it was all actually really quiet then about 8:30 there was a knock at the door (I was in my pj's all snuggled up watching the telly) Rob answered it and came in to say we were invited round for a quick drink ... I thought he was joking when he said he'd agreed we'd pop round ... 10 mins later I'm drinking home made lemocello on their sofa - it turns out there was no party - just us and them :wacko: we'd agreed between us we'd only stay half an hour so it came as something of a shock to find myself out in the street at midnight clutching a galss of champagne whilst they went round all the neighbours knocking on doors and singing Auld Lang Syne and watching the fireworks - I am now far too tiddly to go to bed as the room wont stay still I seem to recall Nog joining us for part of the night as well :wacko:

They want to make this a regular weekend thing - and they want us to go to one of their BBQ's!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Happy New Year All :flowers: :flowers:

Morning :tired: and Happy New Year to all party.gifbeerchug.gif

A terrier who I was really concerned about has thankfully made his way home. I was certain he had gone to ground and was very worried as there was a real need for a canine nose. He came back this afternoon much the worse for wear, very thin, filthy, tick-infested, with claws worn down and minus a tooth.

Glad you're okay and really pleased the poor mite found his way home liebe94.gif

The lurgy is definitely coming, but it's slow, I feel like I am losing my voice, but time will tell.

Hope it doesn't materialise :bighug:

Rowan Cat has been on insulin for a week now and is looking like his old self. Ok, we can't go anywhere for the rest of his life :unsure: - injections twice daily - but that's a small price to pay. I thought we were losing him last week, and it's too soon; he's only 13. I am so relieved. :biggrin:

Pleased that he's picked up :flowers:

Fireworks weren't actually too bad here last night - there was a big burst between midnight and half past, but then very little after that. Four dogs on the bed did not make for a restful night though so I'm knackered now and my shoulder is even stiffer after being stuck in one position all night :rolleyes:

Glad Rowan cat is stable now. :wub:

Hope your head is ok this morning Owl :flowers:

Hope your shoulder is less hurty now Alex and i agree about the fireworks, they were spectacular. I really enjoyed the ones coming off Big Ben, though at one point, I thought it would blow up! :ohmy:

Lurgy is definitely here. Feels like barbed wire in my throat, and I am choking at times. :unsure:

There were a few people sending up those chinese lanterns last night and one of them stayed dangerously low, heading for a neighbour's house! :ohmy: Keith went out to check it did no damage as the lady lives on her own and may have been asleep, or out. I don't like those things at all. :mad:

Sorry to hear the lurgy is hitting, high doses of Vitamin C come highly recommended!!

That is very scary about the chinese lanterns, they become all the rage for weddings a few years back, which seemed a cute idea but it shocked me at their actual size.

Hot water with honey & lemon/lime juice Marge - works wonders for a sore throat flowers.gif

I've been ironing curtains. These curtains are HOOOOOG. It's taken me two hours to iron and hang them wacko.gif

RMQ : Is it just me, or will anyone else be watching the 70 minute long episode of Eastenders tonight and blubbing their eyes out?

Edited by merledogs