UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wise Fugees - Career Advice Needed

K9Fran

OK, I'm 51, came back into work 4 years ago after child rearing and running my own Puppy School (Gwen Bailey's franchise deal). Had to give up the PS as OH works shifts, so it was cutting into our 'family time' - he's still doing shifts so going back is not an option.

My background is in Admin/accounts/customer service, but since 2009 I've been treated for depression/stress and I suffer with 'brain fog' which leads to mistakes I would never normally make - I've now lost two jobs for making mistakes, which has really undermined my confidence.

As a result, I feel I can't go back into office based work. Ideally I'd like to work in kennels or stables, but I have a 'dodgy back' and I'm overweight (very - not the sort of overweight that's gone in a few weeks or months of dieting)

So - what can I do where it doesn't matter is I screw up again? :unsure:

Puppy school definitely sounds like the way to go - if only because it sounds like you enjoyed it. But don't underestimate your abilities. The depression, lack of confidence, brain fog and weight issues are, I'm sure, all related. Inside you're still just as capable of doing whatever work you want to do.