UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Nightingale Sang

zico's mum

...in a field in Somerset :laugh: Walking my two in the fields after work I was entranced listening to the most magical bird song,wasn't 100% sure what it was but guessed a nightingale as a colleague at work who walks in same area said she heard one a few days ago.Couldn't spot it (because I was looking up into trees) so went through gap in hedge to next field where a chap was looking through some binoculars.He asked if I'd heard the nightingale and then we both saw it,well saw a blur in the hedge but was definitely the nightingale.First time I've ever heard one and it was spine tinglingly beautiful.Made my day :thumbsup_anim:

Lovely!

A friend took me to listen to nightingales a couple of years ago and it was magical :biggrin: . OH has been out photographing nightingales at an RSPB reserve in Sussex - they are behaving unusually there in that they are sitting out in the open singing rather than hidden in the middle of all the greenery.

Lovely!

A friend took me to listen to nightingales a couple of years ago and it was magical :biggrin: . OH has been out photographing nightingales at an RSPB reserve in Sussex - they are behaving unusually there in that they are sitting out in the open singing rather than hidden in the middle of all the greenery.

Which one is it?

Oooh, might check that out - thanks. Does he go the British Wildlife Centre?

Yes, several times a year and he seems to be on first name terms with one of their girl foxes :laugh: .

Edited to add that there seem to be other interesting things to see at times at Pulborough Brooks RPSB linky

Edited by Karen