UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Off to Ashbourne to a dog show today at a garden centre

HERE

Went last year, and had a lovely walk round the grounds, as well as a nice garden centre (which allows dogs in too). Alex, there are huge Rhodos in the grounds :wink:

Am very jealous dry.gif

Dogs walked, going to have a shower with the new shower rail/head and then go to Bents.

Pleased you got it ok Alex. I was worried it might leak. It's partly used until we realised Scoobs needed to go on medication. So it's good to be rid of it and with someone who can make use of it :flowers:

Do you plant your rhododendrons in a shady spot?

Glad you found your knickers Owl.

Enjoy your day out Marge

Hope it's gone well Andrea and you can have some peace of mind soon :GroupHug:

Jazz get the doc out to your mum. She needs checking over. If you can be there it will also be an opportunity to have a word about her ongoing care. Sadly elderly parents are quite difficult to deal with at times. They don't want to feel they are putting anyone out by asking for help when actually it's easier if they did as they end up causing more bother and worry anyway. If that makes sense. :GroupHug:

Alicia I'm really sorry you're in that situation. I hope yours is resolved or you find something better soon yourself. I didn't want to actually tell my boss what had gone on but he wouldn't let it drop so I ended up telling him the real reason why I was leaving. He kept trying to persuade me to stay but I was better off out of it. It's a shame because the bosses and the company were brilliant. Only takes one rotten apple to ruin the whole thing. I have spent the last month worried that he would say something and make matters even worse but thankfully he hasn't. It's up to him what he does from now on but I'm out of it. When interviewing the person to replace me it became very obvious that I was seen as a threat to someone else's job which is utterly ridiculous as she was very welcome to it. It wasn't my bag anyway. I have everything crossed that things improve for you and Andrea as it does affect your whole life :GroupHug:

Pleased you got it ok Alex. I was worried it might leak. It's partly used until we realised Scoobs needed to go on medication. So it's good to be rid of it and with someone who can make use of it :flowers:

Do you plant your rhododendrons in a shady spot?

Some of them are in north facing borders, some of them are in tubs which I put in a spot where they get some sunlight. Dappled shade is the ideal spot for them, but most of them are very adaptable so can thrive in sun, shade or partial shade. The good thing about having them in tubs is that you can move them about (plus the fact I can take them with me when I move cos I don't intend staying here into my old age) flowers.gif

Being lazy I know, but can you let me have Oldies Club paypal address please? Thank you flowers.gif

RMPic : My new Rhodos. I have decided I am going to name them all and talk to them like Prince Charles does laugh.gif

019-1.jpg

They are lovely. I take it you prune them then to keep them tub sized. I've got a humungous one in our garden that we got as a tiddly and have been wondering if I could prune it as the Viz have knocked it about a bit. You don't need to pay anything for the Synflex but if you want to donate to Oldies paypal addy is [email protected]

TBH the ones in tubs have only been put there this year and the ones in the border at the back I planted last year so none of them are at the size where I would prune them yet. You can prune them though, which will also encourage them to become more bushy cos some Rhodos can look a bit straggly. The best time to do it is in spring right before they flower, but you can also prune just after the plant has flowered flowers.gif They can generally be pruned any time though, they are pretty hardy.

Am very jealous

RMPic : My new Rhodos. I have decided I am going to name them all and talk to them like Prince Charles does

Great Rodos Alex, Have you decided what their names will be yet?

Onwards and upwards for you now Michelle :flowers:

we had a nice day atthe show, bitterly cold at times, then warm!

jack came fourth again in the waggiest tail/happiest dog class. He just can't wag his tail as fast as those terriers :laugh: , so he just goes for the happiness factor. :wub:

Here's some pics from today Alex :flowers:

P1000395.jpg

P1000383.jpg

P1000393.jpg

P1000402.jpg

Beautiful pics Marge.

Finance Director won't be in until late on Tuesday so I'm popping into the office for half an hour tomorrow so she can hand some stuff over and get me sorted on the computer.

Edited by Jacobean

Love rhododendron and camellias - growing up in Harrogate - the Valley Gardens (local park - had lots of rhododendrons).

Thanks for all the good wishes- unfortunately it's my manager who's the bully - caused me to stop being a Union rep earlier in the year and she's been fully supported by HR - who have told me that I'm the only one who has a problem - ignoring the fact that I'm the 3rd person to be ill due to her treatment. :mecry:

Morning :tired: Had almost 8 hours sleep last night ohmy.gif

Love rhododendron and camellias - growing up in Harrogate - the Valley Gardens (local park - had lots of rhododendrons).

Thanks for all the good wishes- unfortunately it's my manager who's the bully - caused me to stop being a Union rep earlier in the year and she's been fully supported by HR - who have told me that I'm the only one who has a problem - ignoring the fact that I'm the 3rd person to be ill due to her treatment. :mecry:

I love Camelias as well. I did try growing one in a tub but it hardly grew and then died off in the cold winter. They are beautiful though so maybe I'll have another go. I really need something shrubby that is evergreen and summer flowering and preferably scented otherwise all the colour will be gone by end of June (apart from the rose climber, which flowers right through to October some years).

Sorry to hear about your bullying problem Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I'm sure I read somewhere in my recent studies that it's unlawful to discriminate against you if you are a union rep (poss the Equality Act 2010). Have you sought union advice and if so, what have they said?

Great Rodos Alex, Have you decided what their names will be yet?

Here's some pics from today Alex :flowers:

P1000402.jpg

Pics are fab, but this one's my favourite wub.gif Haven't decided on names yet, I might pick a theme such as the seven dwarfs and name them along those lines, but then I might run out cos I've got more than seven rolleyes.gif Will have a think.

The Rhodos which grow wild in Worsley woods are that colour. I wonder if all Rhodos in the UK which grow wild are unsure.gif

Morning

Someone will have introduced the Rhododendrons in the wild at some point. Camellias flourish best planted out rather than in pots and like the same soil as rhodos but you probably know that already. They're one of my faves for their lovely shiny leaves as well as the gorgeous flower heads. Clematis are fabulous for producing masses of flowers. I also love peonies which you chop right down to a few inches for over winter and they grow like made again the following year.

Piddling down here. Fergus just decided he needed a wee, I opened the door, he shuddered flashed me a look and has gone back to bed. No-one else has made a move yet. I've had a moan from Bracken for disturbing him.