UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

I'm relieved I'm not the only one here who had very mixed feelings at the Bin Laden news. I was hoping the kidney disease would end his life before he was either killed or captured. And I'm not (as someone on another forum implied) a sympathiser with terrorists, I just fear that he may prove more dangerous as a martyr than as a living but frail and debilitated figurehead. I hope with all my heart that I am wrong.

It's not that hot here LOL .:laugh:

:laugh: incredibly windy def not hot.

Cake mmmmmmmmmmm

225430_10150555920890507_902890506_17919663_8071005_n.jpg

On our walk today there was a guy frantically running around as he had lost his yorkie. Said I would keep an eye out for him just incase he popped up from the undergrowth. Didnt see the dog but when we were heading home another guy came running up to me asking if I had seen the owner as they had thankfully found the dog. Just glad Alfie has been found. I would have been totally panicked if I lost Louie.

it was hell when I lost the foster,never want to go through that again. my friend lost her dog the other night, a mob of deer ran right over the 2 dogs, who pulled out of their collars and chased them. her dogs pure white, with a reflective jacket on, and still couldnt find her till early hours

:wub: Cake nomnomnom!

:GroupHug: Jazz

:ohmy: Poor Beau :GroupHug:.

Lovely pics San :biggrin:

:wavey: Hello to Nige

Awww Snow, you tried :flowers: I am sure Daisy will be well loved.

Andrea, my laptop is, of course, pink :biggrin: and is still working.

Good luck Sam :flowers:

I need to find uniforms for tomorrow, back to school :(.

I need a yawny smilie. :unsure:

I think I am behind already, but, glad your personal-visa-person did such a good job for you HLGS. Looking forward to hearing more down under tales.

Did I miss Nige's goss?

:GroupHug: for Jazz

Hope Beau is feeling OK.

Glad to come on here and find there are others with mixed feelings about Bin Laden. On the one hand he was, in my opinion, an evil person. On the other, I wonder whether we are right to decide another's fate in such a personal way - yet what other options could work in this situation - and who will now step into the vacuum? But I don't want to end up putting RMF into Contro this month! :laugh:

Changing the subject and very RMF. I really ought not to do on-line banking late on Sunday evening which is actually Monday evening - I think I've made more mistakes than paid bills - not to mention everyone else having the same idea and causing my banking site to crash three times!

Morning :tired: My last day off today, then back in for a day, before I have Thursday off cos I've got a medical appointment over in Sheffield.

I've been looking at Rhododendrons online (compact/dwarf ones this time for the front garden border) and there is a garden centre close to me selling them on there. I thought it had closed down a few years ago but it appears to be open again under new management. They are selling ickle ones online for £3.25 so am going to pop over later today. I need a few because the borders at the front are a bit sparse since I pulled a load of triffids up.

morning all

senile freddie and puppy ruby decided to have a barking session at 6.30, so im up. I dont know what end of the age scale is worse lol

im trying to teach ruby to give a toy. not easy. doesnt want to let go.

she wants to play with trudy, who does, sort of, then tells her to od off. when ruby does, trudy then starts it up again, tease lol

I need to see the doctor today, what are the chances?

Been to the garden centre and bought lots of dwarf Rhododendrons. They are only ickle plants but they were 4 for £5, so I bought 16 of them. I'm going to put a few in containers and the rest in the front garden.

Finally gave in and went into the new Greggs at the top of my road. The dogs and I are both stuffed with sausage rolls and iced doughnuts now rolleyes.gif Problem is I now feel sleepy and not at all like doing more gardening :tired:

ive just been to the doctors. yes, rang up at 8.30, appointment for 10.25 wwoowwww

anyway ......

she was looking back at my notes, and read that when I was admitted in 2006, for chest pains, they have it down as a heart attack :ohmy: would have been nice if they had told me then!

Jazz huh.gif

RMF : I've just planted out 16 dwarf Rhododendrons in the front, pulled up a load of other stuff and chopped down two climbing roses. My back is now hurting so am going to put my feet up for the rest of the afternoon.

im trying to teach ruby to give a toy. not easy. doesnt want to let go.

Try having a pack of good treats, (sausage, liver, something special). Let Ruby have the toy, then offer her a piece of the food in exchange for the toy. Once she has taken the food, immediately let her have the toy back so that she knows that you're not just giving her the food so that you can steal the toy. Repeat, lots!

If Ruby still isn't letting go of the toy, let us know what she is/isn't doing - there may be other things to try. :flowers: