UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Massive Hug Please

Tisaann

3 men have just tried to get into my house and hurt my son.

If the doorbell goes in the evening its usually for my son so we leave him to answer it. Tonight it rang as usual and he duly went down and opened the door. I heard shuffling so jumped up to go to the door only to find my son desperately trying to shut it against someone forcing their way in. I have put my arm out the door to help push them out and screamed at the top of my voice for them to get out my ******* house where as they ran off. Son said that it was 3 blokes with hoodies and all he could see were their eyes. He say's he doesn't know why or who they are and swears that he is not caught up in anything. ( son is 19.) We haven't called the police as we don't have anything to go on. We are all very shaken and now I am so scared for my son. I'm sure that whoever it is will know that dan opens the door in the evening and that he is home alone' 3 days a week whilst we are at work and that the other two he is at college.

I know it seems strange to post after such a fright but I just needed to share with someone and you guys are always there no matter what. x

Great big hug :GroupHug: what a horrible experience.

I do think you should call the police about this. It's not your job to find something to go on, it's theirs. The fact that 3 strangers tried to break into your home by force is more than enough to lodge a complaint.

3 men have just tried to get into my house and hurt my son.

If the doorbell goes in the evening its usually for my son so we leave him to answer it. Tonight it rang as usual and he duly went down and opened the door. I heard shuffling so jumped up to go to the door only to find my son desperately trying to shut it against someone forcing their way in. I have put my arm out the door to help push them out and screamed at the top of my voice for them to get out my ******* house where as they ran off. Son said that it was 3 blokes with hoodies and all he could see were their eyes. He say's he doesn't know why or who they are and swears that he is not caught up in anything. ( son is 19.) We haven't called the police as we don't have anything to go on. We are all very shaken and now I am so scared for my son. I'm sure that whoever it is will know that dan opens the door in the evening and that he is home alone' 3 days a week whilst we are at work and that the other two he is at college.

I know it seems strange to post after such a fright but I just needed to share with someone and you guys are always there no matter what. x

That must have been terrifying. Have as many :GroupHug: :GroupHug: as you need. Not sure what to suggest but I'd call the police if it happened to me. Maybe they've tried it before and it may not be that they were specifically after your son. ((( )))

Please tell the police. Unless the men actually said they had come for your son they could have been trying to get in thinking you have a lot of valuables etc, so if the police are aware of it if there is a call from your address (or if neighbours see something dodgy and ring) they may be a little more "on the ball" in responding.

Sorry - don't mean to frighten you by saying that but do be alert.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: I agree with the others, you need to tell the police, these guys might have done it before.

I go to our local home watch meetings, and people report things like someone putting glue into their doorlocks. Sounds trivial, but a pattern was found and the person responsible caught.

Terrifying :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Please call the police. If this visit was not targetted at your family these men might be working the area and your tip off might save someone else. You may have little detail to report but perhaps there have been other reports and if they are pieced together....

I didn't report a man I once saw in my parents garden in the middle of the night - I was a teenager at the time. We later found out that 2 neighbours were burgaled that night

I agree about calling the police, but I'd do two other things as well..get a strong door chain fitted as soon as possible, and if you can get a peephole thingy (whatever they are called!) so you can look through and see who is there. I live on a reasonably good estate but there are still drug users here and there have been attempted muggings etc, I never open the door without looking out of the window first to see who it is..an upstairs window at that! ok, I'm paranoid, but better safe than sorry. I hope you are feeling a bit calmer now :flowers: :GroupHug:

Thanks guys. I will be going to te police this morning to report it and wont be going to work either. I was awake most of the night listening to every creak and sigh and I noticed that dan was also awake. It's so strange how it gets to you as I took rosie out for a quick walk and when I came round the corner there was a strange car parked outside my house and the first thing I did was check to see how many occupants it had in it. The front door will no longer be opened after dark and and will be answered from the front bedroom window and if dans friends want him then they have to ring in advance to say they are coming. Hopefully it will turn out to be random but I will never relax now with concerns for my son. xxxxxx

I did go to the police and they think it that it was a personal attack. They asked if dan was involved in drugs to which I replied that I had once smelt dope on him and had read the riot act and that as far as I was aware that had been the last of it. They then said that they ran a check on his name and it came up that he was on their data base as having been caught with a small amount of it on him and that they considered that it was only a minor offense. A reason may have been that they thought there might be some in the house or the only other reason may have been that it was the wrong house/ wrong road. My husband has a student at his work that used to be in a 'gang' around this area and he said that he was going to make enquiries and see if dans name was 'out there' and if it was then he would sort it. It seems so weird that this is all happening when dan doesn't often go out. My real worry is on monday when hubby and I go to work and my son goes to his college. I so know that I will be on tenterhooks until he is safely back home again.