UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Bit Of A Morbid & Delicate Question.....

phoebejo

Mr Hazells dad Alan isn't very well. His health has deteriorated rapidly in the past six weeks or so, so much so that Mr Hazell said last night that he doubts Alan will make it even to Christmas! I said he'll still be here in ten years time. What with his seriously dodgy ticker and a gaziilion other health problems, his doctor predicts he is liable to drop dead at any minute.

Neither Mr Hazell nor I have any idea who to call should that happen. Or if one day he doesn't wake up. He doesn't get up until 9am so if that were the case on a weekday I'd be the only one here and would notice something was wrong. Should we call his GP, an ambulance or the undertakers?

I work as a community care worker. We have to call a GP. Don't be worried if the police arrive as well. It is often the case.

Gps are really good and they will talk you through about what to do when the time comes.

Big :GroupHug: for you all.

Edited by greys mum

If it's a death at home then it's call the GP. They will certify death. There are certain rules and regs. about sudden and unexpected deaths and also if the patient has/ has not been seen recently by their GP.

And I don't think it morbid or odd at all - far better to be prepared and know what to do.

:GroupHug: to you all - at the end of the day this is Mr H's dad.