UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It Never Ceases To Amaze Me That........

Whizzie

12 staffies :biglaugh:

I got told by a know it all doctor type (who, rather worryingly doesn't have the brains he's born with, which may be why he works with dead people rather than live ones), that Max has some Collie in him. No, really :rolleyes: This is from the same bloke who tried to persuade me that actually we are better off getting dogs from puppy farms.

I also got asked if Milly was a lurcher.

And one gripe which started off as funny and how just irritates me because I have heard it so often - every time I am out with the mutts and we see someone we haven't met before, they say : "you've got your hands full there". Really? Could one of them not think of something original? If I had a pound for every time I have heard it, I'd be living on a farm in west wales.:rolleyes:

Also, when Milly was chasing rabbits in her sleep one day, and her paws were twitching, my dad told me it was a sign of bad breeding. It must be true cos he was told that by a vet about our boxer we had when we were kids.

And, the other one is a slightly sad one I feel - "What is the point of your dog having a name?"

:mecry: That is sad. Tigger & Daisy deserve their names just as much as any dogs. They are both beautiful

Merledogs - we could be neighbours in West Wales. I have exactly the same. I now have 3 dogs but used to have 4. I also get asked of they all live in the house! :wacko:

:laugh:

On a similar vein to Alex but non-dog related. My first job was a Cardiac Technician, so I used to go round and take ECG's. This involved strapping leads on people's wrists and ankles, ten more wires across the chest area.

Strangely enough the comment I always got is "I feel just like Frankenstein" - it was hard to laugh after the 30th or so time :rolleyes:

it never ceases to amaze me that every day through August, I will take about 20 phone calls asking for 'short notice' kennelling, and how suprised people are that we are actually fully booked. God forbid all those parents out there should have already booked a holiday for the kids while they are off school :laugh:

12 types of staffie is classic :laugh:

Ive been asked if Louie is a lurcher by some kids although he's at least a foot too short lol he often gets called Sausage Dog.

My £1 for every time some say a phrase is - 'you'll be glad of it when your 40' Im really young looking for my age. I regularly still get IDed even though Im now 28. I know people are being nice but it doesnt half get on my wick hearing it over and over again.

I'm always getting asked if I race Taz (lurcher) angry.gif

Even the 'rescue' (I use the word loosely) he came from were convinced he was a retired greyhound - although he is quite obviously a saluki x lurcher and looks nothing like a full greyhound.

Everything I asked about his temperament etc I got told 'he's a typical laid-back ex-racing greyhound' despite me pointing out the fact several times that he actually wasn't a greyhound at all and definitely wouldn't have been raced. I even had Molly - a real Greyhound - with me, the difference was pretty obvious.

The bloke wouldn't have it, even as we were leaving he was fumbling around with Taz's ears looking for racing tattoos. I gave up at that point. rolleyes.gif

Luckily I knew what I was taking on, but anyone expecting a placid ex-racer and ending up with a high-energy young lurcher instead could have got just a bit of a shock! ohmy.gif

So many people in their 20's truly believe things like "Im really young looking for my age. I regularly still get IDed even though Im now 28. I know people are being nice but it doesnt half get on my wick hearing it over and over again."

Your 28 and are therefore still "young" - you are not just "young for your age" you "barmpots"! :laugh: I think I must want to be 28 again! :mellow: (I'm not old though!)

Edited by Ian

Thats so sad. What idiot would ask that! Brings round my problem with people, too many seem to see dogs as an item or possesion not a living thing, member of the family who has feeling too. :(

We had a newbie ask at the training club yesterday if a great dane was a grey hound. You just have to laugh sometimes.

Now when people ask me that when they see me with my greyhound my answer is always... 'I tried a few times but he always beat me'

:laugh: :laugh:

That's pretty good but sadly & on a more serious note it never ceases to amaze me how low some people will stoop, stealing from a graveyard FFS, absolute scum!! :mad:

http://www.thisishul...il/article.html

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

We used to have a black and white border collie and a rough coated black and white jack russell. (both males) I have lost count of the number of people who asked if they were "mother and daughter!" :laugh:

On the subject of dogs with a disability, a man who met me and Jack while out, was disputing me when I told him he was blind. "well how does he walk then" he said. Well that will be on his LEGS won't it? I felt like saying! :wacko: A child has asked the same question, but the child was only five years old :laugh: