UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Requesting Good Thoughts For Mrs Mop'S Ellie

owl

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vet has phoned, Ellie is breathing on her own, the temperary trach has been taken out and left out. She did get a little stressed at first so has been given a small seditive to keep her calm. She may be home later today or tomorrow. Joachim the vet said that Staffies are prone to stress, :laugh: She will be on calmers for the rest of her life, he has suggested skullcap and valeria or something similar.

My house is so empty without her.

Ellie collapsed earlier and they are going to have to operate, the final bill is expected to be in the region of £2,500 which I don't have. A few months ago it wouldn't have been a problem but I have done my house up, Ellie has had her teeth done, a chest infection didn't help, she is over the limit on her insurance for her breathing, and the car broke down, all were paid for immediately. Now I need to see how I can raise this amount of money, lots of thoughts for me to raise it please.

I have just phoned the vet, told him that Ellie is not to be kept alive for me, if she can't have a good quality of life then to let her go. It is better for her to go like this than to suffocate because she can't breath. She is loved by the staff at the vets, they all adore her and love having her in, she gets lots of kisses and cuddles off them, probably more than she gets here.

Ellie has come through the operation well, the vet is really pleased with her, they have put a bigger one in and it is working. He was surprised at the amount of scar tissue there was.

He also said that even though they are watching her constantly, the nurse turned her back, heard a thump, when she turned round Ellie was unconscious and had stopped breathing. This is why they decided to operate.