UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Meet Woody

ranirottie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does seem to be settling down nicely, he's not following us round anywhere near as much as he did when he first arrived, nor is he coming out to find out what's going on when I come downstairs. And he's a veritable hoover for any plates that need licking clean ;)

We've managed to tire him out with walkies as well, I noticed a definite slowdown towards the end of his walk yesterday, and mum found the same tonight (he'd had a quick morning walk, then the woods after lunch, and another short walk in the evening) which I think is good. Trying to get the pedometer app working on my phone to see just how far he needs!

IMAG0100.jpg

He's settled in very nicely, though he's currently got a bit of a sore paw which the vet thinks may be related to the skin condition or from having damp paws. So we've got to wash his feet now twice a day till it clears up, but he's so loveable :)

I think you are right about the walks with oldies. We always do three or four shorter walks through the day rather than one or two long ones and I think that suits them better. Anyway if you have a routine for this the dog has something to look forward to which helps break up the day between meal and snack times! Maybe his paws are not quite used to so much walking yet though, or you need to walk more on softer surfaces till his pads harden up a bit. If you give him a glucosamine supplement that should help his joints stay healthy so he can keep enjoying the walks for as long as possible.