UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Thank You From Oldies Club

lil_angel

Volunteers’ Week runs from 1-7 June in the UK, celebrating the contribution that millions of volunteers make.

On behalf of the Oldies Club committee and all the dogs helped by the charity, we would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of our volunteers.

Thank you to everyone who has fostered, transported, home visited, donated, fund raised, knitted, held a sponsored event, helped at an event, or helped publicised Oldies Club and the adoption of older rescue dogs.

Without you, Oldies Club would not be the charity it has become. We would not have the ability to help older dogs in need, to pay for vital veterinary treatment and to give these lovely dogs the chance of finding their wonderful forever homes.

Your ongoing support is very much appreciated by all of us, especially the dogs

AC-Oldies-Club-thank-you2.jpg

:flowers: that's lovely.It's a real pleasure to help out such a wonderful Rescue,I can't take on an Oldie dog just yet but I love helping where I can.Home visits mostly,it's so good to go visit people who are interested in rehoming an Oldie,I get to talk about dogs for an hour or so - often longer if it's a Terrier they are interested in :rolleyes: ,get to find some fab new dog walking places to take mine and usually make a day out of it as well - so not exactly an onerous task :laugh:

To be honest, I think we all benefit as much as the dogs with any of the ways in which we try to help. These precious little old souls give so much in return and it is always a joy to read of another finding a loving forever home.....just makes my day anyway! :laugh:

:wub: I've transported a few oldies, and I've fallen in love with each one, how can you fail to feel for the old souls who have sometimes been cast out by their families when they may only have a few months left :(and every one has been lovely and gentle. Thanks for introducing me to the world of the Oldie :wub: