UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Spins :ohmy: I have a few of those 'fond memories', though not with you :laugh:

I have had a lovely birthday which I really wasn't expecting. I had cards from all my family arrive yesterday, including some photos from my brother in the USA.

My work colleagues knew that it would be on pain of death if they decorated my desk, so when I arrived in there were just a few sparkles and lots of cards and pressies from them all. I normally dread receiving presents at work (remember the chi sized dog coats from my last boss :rolleyes: ). Well, everything I got was so me :biggrin: Loud long pink and white striped walking socks, a lovely cotton summer scarf, a chunky necklace, Thorntons choccies :wub: a very lightweight mat to sit on whilst picnicing with the dogs, bath stuff to sooth away aches and pains, a burlesque lady candle holder and they've even pre ordered the noo Gaslight Anthem cd. They are such wonderful colleagues to actually bother to get to know someone. I took in enough cakes for an army and we spent the day pigging out :D I even didn't mind wearing the 50 and fabulous badge they gave me.

Tonight I went to burlesque and had such a fun, giggly evening and my teacher gave me a card. Now I'm chilling with a glass of wine. 50 is good :biggrin:

Spins :ohmy: I have a few of those 'fond memories', though not with you :laugh:

I have had a lovely birthday which I really wasn't expecting. I had cards from all my family arrive yesterday, including some photos from my brother in the USA.

My work colleagues knew that it would be on pain of death if they decorated my desk, so when I arrived in there were just a few sparkles and lots of cards and pressies from them all. I normally dread receiving presents at work (remember the chi sized dog coats from my last boss :rolleyes: ). Well, everything I got was so me :biggrin: Loud long pink and white striped walking socks, a lovely cotton summer scarf, a chunky necklace, Thorntons choccies :wub: a very lightweight mat to sit on whilst picnicing with the dogs, bath stuff to sooth away aches and pains, a burlesque lady candle holder and they've even pre ordered the noo Gaslight Anthem cd. They are such wonderful colleagues to actually bother to get to know someone. I took in enough cakes for an army and we spent the day pigging out :D I even didn't mind wearing the 50 and fabulous badge they gave me.

Tonight I went to burlesque and had such a fun, giggly evening and my teacher gave me a card. Now I'm chilling with a glass of wine. 50 is good :biggrin:

Hey, what a great birthday and what thoughtful pressies, I love the sound of the socks and the picnic mat. Glad you had a good day. Sixty is good too! :wink:

If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, I think I would actually stay up to watch the results come in. It's actually making the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. :unsure:

Mr B is up at 4 tomorrow anyway, so I might just be up not long after ......... unless I pop on the PC around 2-ish. :unsure:

Morning :tired:

I would have stayed up as well Mrs B - I did stay up until gone midnight, then woke again at 4am and turned the telly on for a bit, then nodded off again and woke up at 5.30 and started watching again.

Hazel Blears was returned in my constituency, no great surprise. Tis a bit worrying all the problems people have had voting (or not being able to).

It's not right that people who started to queue to vote at 8:30pm weren't able to get in and vote! It's one thing if it's someone who turned up 5 mins before closing to lose out but theres evidence to suggest that people who were there in plenty of time weren't able to vote - thats very wrong and very disturbing.

I set the alarm for 3am (tragic :rolleyes: ) to find out what was happening. It's very interesting watching the coverage and people talking about where we go from here. I was a slip of a 15-year old at the last hung Parliament so I can't really recall the vote. I was probably more bothered about surviving double maths.

A tory government - be afraid, be very afraid! :angry: At least in Manchester they only got 11.8%, I think I might just stay here (lab 52.7% and lib dem 26.6%). The polling station at ours was very quiet yesterday afternoon, only 2 other people. I could've kicked myself for my honesty tho: the lady who I showed my polling card to gave me 2 pieces of paper: one for the local and one for the general elections. Had I not honestly told her that I'm not allowed to vote in the general elections (due to being Dutch), I could just have voted. Not that I think that my vote alone would have changed the entire outcome, but it would have been nice to know that one of the lib dem votes had been mine :rolleyes:

Hmmmm it's our 27th anniversary today, I had a card made via moonpig for hubby which I had hidden away, granted I was distracted by the election first thing and didn't "remember" to say "happy anniversary" or give him the card until 15 mins ago but I have now gone and given him a kiss and the card, I also got tickets for us to go see Cardiff Blues play Munster on Sunday and what he doesn't know is that there is also a huge box of Belgium chocolates due to arrive here for him in the next hour or so .... I have not had anything ... not even a card ..... hmmmmm sad.gif

Morning all :)

Sad few days for lots of Fugees :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I went to my Mums for the night on Wednesday, it was lovely to get away from moaning and stress :) We had a lovely meal and Scooby got to sleep on the bed wit me :wub: I do miss having him snoring in my ear at home (he's not allowed upstairs where I am at the moment)

Hung parliament then. That will be my fault (according to Marks mum) cos I didn't vote for one of the Big Three. Maybe I will bugger off for another few days to escape the fallout...