UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

If There Was A Book Written About The Dogstar Story

i would want to read .. everything

how it started off.. the struggles. the happy times sirius travels.. even the sad ones. the story is a good one sam and shows how a determined person CAN make a huge difference

What the clever penguin said! :biggrin:

i would want to read .. everything

I agree - everything, good and bad. But definitely including the elephants who took you out to Sri Lanka in the first place and the people you've met through Dogstar in the intervening years. Pictures too please.

I'm going to stand back from the 'oh Sam you are wonderful, just write something and it'll be fab' groupies. I presume you want to write a book to make some money and sell more than 5 copies on the refuge. First thoughts are it needs to be a properly constructed story, are there any good selling stories in a similar line - but then you will need to be different - perhaps it should be that little p*ssed up Sirius view of it all or how you got to go to Sri Lanka and the sequence of events which led to the start of dogstar, then I think it's a mixture of humour, compassion, tears and the odd 'joyful reunion with Mark' rollicking sort of rollercoaster rather than some sort of deadly serious 'I saved the dogs' tome :flowers: , but your first line of publicity really needs to grab.

At this stage I am just asking people who know the rough story what if anything they would really like to see included ( or indeed excluded )

I doubt there is any real money to be made out of it to be honest even if I can get an agent ( which is the first hurdle ) and then if an agent could get a publisher interested

I don't think I am the next JK Rowling laugh.gif but if I don't give it a go I will never know if it could work out ,

I doubt that John Grogan thought that he would have a best seller when he wrote about his life with Marley.

But you never know what will happen. Go for it Sam, just start at the beginning.

Exactly!!!!! And make sure you include all the impossible situations and scrapes that you and your team have got into - you know the ones I mean - the ones that you couldn't make up if you tried!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: