UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Most Unlikely Celebrity Rescue/Bull Breed Enthusiast?

cycas

Mark just rang me to say he was leafing through the Daily Mail and think he has found the most unexpected celebrity bull breed article : who do I think it's by? I have no idea.

It's by Brian Sewell!

I don't know why I expected Brian Sewell not to own a pet, or if he does, I would have guessed at a Sphynx cat or maybe an Italian greyhound - something rare and a bit weird and definitely not from a rescue, but how wrong was I!

Anyway, it's a rather lovely story : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1258519/BRIAN-SEWELL-Theyre-ugly-smelly-chew-house-bits-I-wouldnt-swap-motley-mutts-Crufts-champ.html

I know, I think it's great!

Last year there was a really funny article about him and his newly adopted dog in the Mayhew Animal Home magazine. He said people cross the road to avoid him when they see him coming with his dogs- because he looks like a gangster for life, doesn't he? :rolleyes:

I don't have a clue who this chap is but, it's a brilliant article.

He is an art critic- and he certainly doesn't mind telling it how it is!

Within a day I regretted this bitterly and returned to the police station, but she had already been taken to the pound and was untraceable. Convinced that in my thoughtlessness I despatched that little dog to certain death, she has been on my conscience ever since.

This bit made me feel all :mecry:

.......as did this bit

When Jack died eight months ago, Lottie, clearly grieving, abandoned the old leather chair they shared and left it empty so that to me it was a bleak reminder of our loss. Often I find her sitting on Jack's grave in my garden, where all my dogs are buried, staring into space

It is a lovely article though and I hope it does make me people think twice before going out to buy a puppy.

i'm not usually a fan of his but i did see him on tv last year and he was showing people round his house and he was saying about his dogs and how he had an old car to drive them round in etc... did show a different side to him.