UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spot The Flower Power Oldie!

cycas

We just can't work out why Cuddly Cassy has had no interest - she seems like such a lovely easy girl, but she's only had one enquiry since October and that fell through.

Natalie who is a bit of a photoshop whizz has given her photo a bit of a makeover to try and ensure that people actually have a look at her record - people just seem to scroll past the poor girl.

What do you think?

cassyflowergirl.jpg

Aw how sweet she looks. Seems odd that nobody is interested in her as she does sound to be a lovely easy girl. No real problems with her at all it appears and can only think it's the 'Staffy' look that puts people off. Hope the lovely picture does the trick though and she soon finds an ideal home of her own.

Thats fab and so pretty. I'd also be willing to make a donation to a nominated charity if your friend would photoshop my dog, Rusty as well (sorry for jumping on the bandwagon here).

Also I'd be really interested in learning how to do this myself as I went on the photoshop website but didn't even manage to register as they wanted a website address that I would be sharing photos on which stumped me wacko.gif

Thats fab and so pretty. I'd also be willing to make a donation to a nominated charity if your friend would photoshop my dog, Rusty as well (sorry for jumping on the bandwagon here).

Also I'd be really interested in learning how to do this myself as I went on the photoshop website but didn't even manage to register as they wanted a website address that I would be sharing photos on which stumped me wacko.gif

Photoshop is an application that you have to pay for (or download illegally if you know somebody clever). It is quite pricey to buy, last time I looked about £700, but you could probably get it cheaper if you looked around.

I personally found it quite hard to use initially so would definitely advise getting somebody experienced to show you whats what to help you get to grips with it. Having a graphics tablet helps too as using a mouse for intricate stuff can be really fiddly.

By the way sorry if I hijacked this thread.

Will make sure I print off some of the new Cassy pictures and display them prominently next time I run an OC stall - shes a bit far from us but you never know as when you fall for a dog, people are often prepared to travel. After all, thats what we did for our boy and he was totally worth it.flowers.gif

Oops, sorry I missed some comments in here! Olive, if Ginny's new home doesn't work out I'll get Natalie to have a look - though I think Ginny has actually had more enquiries than poor Cassy, there seems to be something about Cassy that makes people just not notice her photos for some reason...

Re photoshopping things, Natalie actually has a small business doing design, so I am not sure that she will have time to do commissions for a donation as well as volunteering to help the overlooked oldies (and she's going to work on our calendar this year too!) but I'll mention it to her.

Re photoshop, there are cheaper options, I mostly use Paintshop Pro, which is also pretty powerful but a lot cheaper. I have Photoshop as well, but what I did is buy a previous version from some left over warehouse stock, rather than the latest one - this makes it a lot cheaper, though still not exactly pocket money. Amazon sellers will often have old copies of things like Photoshop that they sell at a discount.

• 4 months later...

Brilliant news! So very pleased to hear that. Hope she has a long and happy life with her new family. That's a couple of long stayers homed recently with Muffin going last week too, so now we need somewhere for the current longest stayer.....which would be Billy I think.