UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Whiskey Galore

Laura_E

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was a way to tell them that it's all for their own good, sometimes Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Despite all he's been going through he sounds like such a sweet little chap - it would be great if the person from the vets follows through with an enquiry flowers.gif

Poor, sore little lad! But at least this way he is getting all the bad stuff out of the way at the same time and I'm sure in a few days he will be feeling so much better and appreciate what you are doing for him. He looks as if he will be such a loving little soul and someone is going to be so rewarded by taking him home.

:partytime: Spoke to Marion earlier who told me that there has been a lot of interest in Whiskey, then I checked the OC website and saw the following message:

whiskeyocsmiles-150x123.jpg

27-January 2010 - Whiskey has had a lot of interest- thank you to everyone who has enquired about him, we will be getting back to all of you, but please, no more calls/emails about him for now, he has lots of homes to choose from!

I'm so pleased for him, although it would be lovely if some of the people who have offered him a home would also consider Ginny, Cassy, Beethoven and the other long term dogs. They are all equally as lovely and deserving.

Poor Rob was tearing his hair out there was such a rush for Whiskey! Ginny finally has some interest too, we are really hoping that this will be 'the one' for her!

Beethoven has had a few enquiries as well recently, but we want to be absolutely 100% certain that his next home is his last, so we are being ultrapicky for him. But why Cassy the Flower Girl is still waiting I don't know! wacko.gif

Great news for Ginny and Beethoven. biggrin.gif

Muffin is another one that looks lovely and sounds ideal. I can't understand why he hasn't been snapped up.

I had to laugh when Marion told me that she had been advised by Fiona to let me know how much interest there had been in Whiskey due to my history of 'failing'!! laugh.gif

It would be so easy to fail with all of them, but I know that Whiskey will find a great home and Tess will certainly appreciate having all the attention on her again.......until the next foster dog comes along anyway.

Ooh, I know, I love Muffin, specially his long legs and his eyebrows - though I understand he can be a tad grumpy with other dogs, so he will need the right home...

Ange has managed to get a helpful pro photographer to volunteer to go and take some really nice shots of him though, we are hoping that some really lovely pics will get him noticed by the right person.

Ooh, I know, I love Muffin, specially his long legs and his eyebrows - though I understand he can be a tad grumpy with other dogs, so he will need the right home...

Ange has managed to get a helpful pro photographer to volunteer to go and take some really nice shots of him though, we are hoping that some really lovely pics will get him noticed by the right person.

Muffin's photographer is due on Monday afternoon so we are hoping he can work some magic and catch the eye of just the right owner for this lovely boy. His sleep and space aggression with us has almost gone now though he still reacts when the other dogs go by if he is lying down or bump him when passing in doorways etc. He has built up more muscle and added a little weight so he is quite strong on the lead if he is pulling or lunging towards another dog but he is improving with this very slowly with dogs he has seen before and at a distance of 10-15 yards away he isn't too bad at all now. He is just so loving and obedient, with a super recall and has learned to love treats which makes him even more biddable!!

What was it that I said in the website write-up for Whiskey.....he never climbs on the furniture unless you allow him to? Well, yesterday I got in from work and found that he has been picking up some bad habits from Bobby the cat.............

IMG_0094.jpg

Bobwhisk.jpg

Although I have to say, I am very proud of Bobby for adapting so well. He is such a nervous cat normally but he has been so brave with Whiskey from day one and I think he will secretly miss him when he goes.

Which reminds me, Whiskey has a special visitor coming to see him on Sunday. :biggrin: