UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Whiskey Galore

Laura_E

Well, the latest Oldies Club foster dog, Whiskey, arrived today and he has already made quite an impression!

He is a very cute little thing, but my god is that dog horney!!! unsure.gif

I have actually never seen anything like it before, to say that he is obsessed with Tess would be more than understatement!

So far she has been very good and either tried to run away from him, or given him a warning bark (not that he pays the slightest bit of attention! rolleyes.gif ).

He has been very good with the cats and shown no interest in them whatsoever. But to be honest he hasn't shown any interest in anyone other than poor Tess!!

He is currently have a little chill out time in the crate and Tess is fast asleep from where he has worn her out so much!

I am taking him to te vet tomorrow and just pray that he is deemed healthy enough to be neutered, otherwise we will have one very sexually frustrated chap on our hands!!! laugh.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww hes rather sweet. Hopefully his humping fetish will settle down. Jasper was humping every dog in sight when he was first picked up from the vets and apparently it can be caused be stress of new situation. He was actually already neutered and settled done very quickly. Hoping same will happen with Whiskey. If not hopefully as soon as his bits are removed.

He doesn't seem very stressed, but I suppose it manifests itself it different ways.

However, Tess doesn't really help the situation as every time I get him to settle she gets all jealous and comes over to push him out the way, which starts him off again!!

One thing that it quite worrying in his skin. He has a few balding patches and has been gnarring at himself so much that his back end is red raw. He stinks too sick02.png But obviously with his skin the way it is I can't give him a bath. Hopefully the vet will be able to give us something for it tomorrow.

He has been a total angel with the cats though. He just looks at them and then looks away again, hasn't even tried to sniff them or anything. I also had a young girl with learning difficulties over earlier and he was great with her too. He went in the crate with no fuss at all and seems to be pretty obedient, so once he has been neutered I think he will be a good all rounder.

Edited by Laura_E

I'm going to see if I can bring the vets appointment forward for the moning as his skin is really bad now. I have had to put one of those cone collars on him to stop it from getting any worse.

You can't really see from the pictures, but the wound is actually weeping now. Poor boy.

Image012.jpg

Image011.jpg

Cone collar not much fun either but definitely better than doing more damage! I guess that might be partly stress too. unsure.gif

No, he doesn't think much of the collar, but I'm too worried to leave him unsupervised the way it is as I think he could do some serious damage over night.

He already had the skin problem before he came to me, hence the bald patches. I don't think he'd ever been treated for fleas and subsequently developed this allergy. His previous owners did frontline him when this started, but he clearly needs some additional treatment. Just hope something can be done quickly, it's been making me itch all night just to look at him!