UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Canine Capers 2010 18Th Sept

lil_angel

wish we could join in the camping but our caravan lives in Devon and I think it might fall apart if we were to tow it all the way here,then to Canine Capers,back here and then back to Devon. She is rather elderly now and things tend to go wrong and fall off with elderly caravans no matter how much you love them. :mecry: x

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the show with a very, very tired dog.

Amy deserves a medal (and a holiday) for all her hard work. She done a fantastic job and stayed remarkably calm considering she didn't get to take a break all day (and had to do so much talking!). The judges also done a great job and were kept very busy with so many entrants to get round.

Oldies Club sponsor dog Sal won Best in Show- which was very well deserved........AND Tess won best reserve. biggrin.gif I was collecting the money for the classes so couldn't enter with her, but she went in with my friend Michelle, who done a great job at controlling her with the aid of sausages! rolleyes.gif

Anyway, another huge congratulations to Amy. She done the Oldies Club proud.

We had a fantastic day yesterday, lots of lovely dogs (and very big classes which was nice to see), thank you very much to everyone at Oldies Club for all their hard work hope u raised lots of money.

Just having tea n toast and getting ready to go back with one of mine for the Scamps show now. :biggrin:

It was a great day yesturday. Cher looked great and judged very fairly the weather eas knd and Amy was brilliant, she kept everything together and rolling on so well.Hope she got as much money as she deserved.

Great day, now hope today is as good

Barbara

Well done Amy, for all the work you put in to make yesterday a success :flowers:

I hope you have recovered from judging 19 classes Cher :ohmy:

We had a lovely day catching up with people and meeting new ones, so good to put faces to the names :biggrin: Jack and Cherry enjoyed themselves and have been sleeping since we got home. :wub: Have a good day, those of you who are still there. :flowers:

We went back today and had a fab day - the weather wasn't as kind today but it stayed dry after a little shower this morning - my boy did my proud in a big way coming first in the Scamps heat dog over 18" and then getting Reserve Best In Show in the Scamps Final, he also took a rosette in every class entered bar one bringing home a 1st, two 2nds, a 3rd and two 4ths, and considering the judge was a man and he's very very nervous of men i was extremely proud of him. Can't wait till next year.

Thanks everyone. Couldnt have done it without the support of those who came to help out of the day.

Big thank you to Cher and Hayley from Crossroad Kennels for being our judges. Some classes were massive with around 40 dogs so definately not an easy task.

Also a big thanks to Laura for helping in the ring, Claire who ran a tennis ball lottery and with the raffle, also to all those who helped out with the skills classes, those who brought their oldies along for the oldies club dog parade, all the Crossbreed & Mongrel Club members who helped and also those who came along to support the day.

Its been a bit of a whirl but I was thrilled for Oldies Club 18 year old sponsor dog Sal getting Best in Show and Tess in reserve :biggrin:

I left the campsite about 10.30 this morning as had a long drive home. Once I got home unfortunately my thumping head turned into a migraine so Ive been in bed and unfortunately havent totted up the total count raised for Oldies Club yet but judging by the amount in the bucket its going to be a fab total :laugh:

we had a lovely time and I enjoyed doing the judging. Hayley and I didn't deliberately pick Oldies Club dogs to win,we just thought that they were the best. :wub: :wub: Some of the classes were HUGE,bigger than I have judged before,so it was hard to pick out just 6 dogs as there were some fantastic dogs there.

Amy did a marvellous job and was like a busy little little bee buzzing from place to place with so much energy.In fact I think everybody did a great job,I hope a good amount was raised.x

We are thrilled to announce that Canine Capers raised an amazing £834.74!!! A big thank you to the Crossbreed & Mongrel Club who nominated Oldies Club for this year's event. Also thanks to everyone who helped out and supported the show. We are all thrilled. We hope those who attended enjoyed the show.