UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Canine Capers 2010 18Th Sept

lil_angel

The Crossbreed & Mongrel Club have nominated Oldies Club to run and receive money raised at Canine Capers for 2010. We are really eager to run this show but we need lots and lots of volunteers to help us.

Canine Capers is held at:

Top End Farm Camp Site

Colmworth Road

Little Staughton

Bedfordshire

MK44 2BY

As this is held at the campsite there is the opportunity for volunteers to pitch up and make a weekend or mini break of it. Crossbreed & Mongrel Club will be running their SCAMPS show on the Sunday.

More details of Crossbreed & Mongrel Club please visit:- http://www.crossbreed-and-mongrel-club.org.uk/

If you are interested in helping out or just coming to show support we would love to see you!!

Edited by lil_angel

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a great weekend last year, I do hope a lot of you can come. The camp site is good and friendly and we CMC members love to see new people and welcolme you with open arms.

Sat evening is BBQ night with lots to eat and plenty of banter.

Please come and help or just to have a good time

Barbara

PS...

Canine Capers is not just for Crossbreeds and Mongrels, even those of us with 'posh dogs' are welcome!! :wink: :biggrin:

Scamps on Sunday is for Crossbreeds and Mongrels only :)

Photos of last years event are on the link Amy added :flowers:

Edited by chasta

Thanks Barb & Chasta if you could look into the tariffs etc that would be great.

We need lots of volunteers to help us and we would love to see our supporters.

Olive Im planning on making a long weekend of it as its quite a drive for me. Probably arrive Thurs and leave Mon if its possible.

Edited by lil_angel

Last year CMC had most of the field and the camping was reduced for us, normally it is about £8 a night for vans wanting hook ups and less for tents. I expect it will be like everything else and go up a bit this year, but it is still brilliant value for money

Barbara

Hurrah, glad you are going for this.

I will be there anyway. Hopefully will qualify Cooper again for supreme champ again and maybe Trixie too. Will be looking to go from the Thurs this year I think.

Last year was great very laid back no stressing and LOTS of fun. Most of the dogs were off lead a lot of the time (other than when the shows were actually on) last year too which all added to the relaxed atmosphere. And the weather seems to shine on the righteous there too and was glorious for the whole weekend last year.

It's a fantastic club I am so glad I found it and I am as passionate about CMC as I am about Oldies so now I get to combine the 2!

Can't wait

• 5 months later...

We are quietly working in this behind the scenes. Currently we are looking into sponsorship for the 18 classes that we will be having in the dog show. Have so far got the BIS prizes sorted. Have been contacting local pet related companies to see if they are interested. If anyone would like to sponsor a class they would more than welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Now the Oldies Club camping trip is over this is my next big thing to focus on. We would like to make this another fun packed camping trip alongside the Crossbreed & Mongrel Club. We do really need help running the dog show so as many volunteers are possible.