UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Found

Jasmine

She came to pick him up with her father and toddler, she'd just finished work. It was actually her ex husband that rang the dog warden. When asked what condition the dog was in he said he hadn't seen him for a while but he was okay then. He said the children last saw him at 3.30pm yesterday but I had him a good 45 mins before that.

Turns out he was registered with my vet but hadn't been there since 2007 when he had his first puppy jabs (didn't return to finish them) Myself and groomer tried our best to be diplomatic whilst still giving her the facts of his condition. I couldn't believe she hadn't noticed any matting, that is all he consisted of. The dog did seem pleased to see them I have to say and she also asked us if she owed us any money.

We said she owed us nothing but to be more diligent in the care of the little man in future. To get him vet checked, chipped, tagged etc etc. She admitted she knew nothing at all about the breed. We didn't want to sound too bossy and asked her to call one of us if she found she couldn't cope and wanted to rehome him or to ask anything. Groomer knew about breed (I don't) and said he needed brushing every day.

Vet said up to us if to inform RSPCA and just at least have it logged in case of any repeat episode. To be honest we both felt that he would be better being rehomed as nobody in their right mind could not see that the little man was very severely matted and uncomfortable. I think with her marriage breakdown, job and children etc she's finding it difficult to cope. Just hope she decided to rehome if not coping.

One good thing, I know most of the people in the road she lives in (one I know said they weren't at all surprised by the news), I let her know I knew them too. I did say when I'm round there I'll knock and see how he's doing, and she said "yeah".

Here's hoping

Sorry know this is settled now but couldn't resist showing you these pics and how adorable he is. :wub: Groomer brought him back mine yesterday morning. It had taken her till 9pm the night before and some finishing off the following morning to get him right. He made himself right at home. :biggrin:

Smile for the camera please :)

12133_181631473739_705238739_2985299_7882284_n.jpg

Is there any chance I could go back out there "errrr No" :laugh:

12133_181631488739_705238739_2985302_5820331_n.jpg

12133_181631493739_705238739_2985303_6638489_n.jpg

Looking out over the heath where I found him, if he thinks he's going back there he can think again (well he did but on a lead this time) :laugh:

12133_181631498739_705238739_2985304_2869084_n.jpg

Dont know how I missed this thread. Since doing grooming I have found that the Bichon is a notorious breed for not being groomed properly. The first one I ever did I had to do exactly what happened to this dog as his fur was like cotton wool and had to all come off. I can say Ive never groomed a Bichon that hasnt had matts. Normally the hair is perfect down the strip of their back but knotted like crazy everywhere else. As I breed I am rather fond of them as they are such happy little dogs :wub: