UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

I'm not jealous at all of you sitting by a pool in the sun :mecry:

RMF : Had a lovely walk with our friends - there were 6 yoomans and 11 dogs, who all had an absolute whale of a time in the mud and water. Milly was mucky as anything but she really enjoyed herself :wub:

there are quite a few loud french and americans here if that makes it any less appealing :laugh: Glad Millie is still enjoying life and having fun :flowers:

Marian those pics are awsome... half the pool staff have stood open mouthed in awe at that much water from rain as they have no concept of the stuff. It rains here maybe once every few years for about 5 mins. Glad you are ok :flowers:

Got morning walk done before the rain and wind started. It is now seriously clobbering us.

I haff a logistics exercise to solve. Need to get 2 buns & a piggy & their 6 ft hutch from Cardiff by Thursday at the very latest. Normally not a problem as I can collect from Cardiff when I visit Andrew anyway. The difficulty is the combination of bad weather and a very long hutch. The small furries can go in cat carriers in the front seat and foot well, but I don't know if the hutch will go into my estate. Need to get exact measurements. In calm weather it could go on the roof, but obviously not right now. May have to take lengths of rope and lash the back door down if it won't shut, and trundle along in the lorry lane. Tuesday looks possible, weather looks a tad better then.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any brill ideas of who in Cardiff might be able to collect and hold hutch and residents for a few days, that would take the pressure off. Their people are moving house on Fri to somewhere they can't have animals, and they don't have transport to bring them to me. They have a home waiting with an experienced bun-and-piggy person here in the village, but she only has a small car.

I don't suppose your car mechanic friend has got a van and would go collect the hutch would he?

So pleased you're all ok Marion. :flowers: Awful for those that have been flooded out and the policeman and family.

Pleased Mollydog is doing well.

Snow :GroupHug: sounds like it might have been quicker to type the blooming thing up.

Pleased Millie has had a lovely time frolicking in mud and water.

The rain and wind is just starting here so I'm going to go brush up leaves before it gets too bad.

Phebe what part of Cardiff are they in? Could hold the residents here temporarily but I cant get the hutch in my car. If they are close might be able to work around it.

Appledore Rd, Cf14 3HD

Bless you Amy :bigheart3:

Is that anywhere near you?

Michelle, my friend Eddie has a big Volvo estate but the brake servo has just gone kaput.

Edited by owl

Amy, you are indeed a lil angel.

I would be happier for you to measure up the hutch than leave it to the family. Things sound a bit chaotic that end to say the least. :wacko: I'm sure it wouldn't go in your car but it just *might* fit into mine. I'm rather keen to get hold of the hutch as well, even if it ends up with a rescue more local to you. Lady this end does have housing for the critters, but I don't want to see a hutch getting chucked away. Big hutches are much needed in the world of small furry rescue.

I had better PM you the number of the people, will do so now.

I'm glad Sirius arrived home safe. Was he still a bit damp and smelling of beer? He had a slight accident with a beer tap :unsure:

Very pleased to hear from Yantan and know that you are all safe.

We had the same kind of flooding this side of the water too. Thankfully we weren't affected by it but my heart goes out to all those, both here and over there, who were.

RMF I have new walking boots with special inner soles that promise to realign my ankles, knees and back. They'll have their work cut out then!! :laugh:

Please may I have a link?

Been up mountain. It didn't rain but all the paths were under water and quite treacherous in places. Stayed out until dark to assist neighbour looking for norty GSP pup, which wasn't lost but playing hide and seek in the bracken. She came back when it got dark and scary and stopped being fun.

Impressive - and horrifying - photos from Marion. So glad you are all safe.

GSP's are divils for that and the reason I stick to Viz cos my nerves couldn't stand it. Viz don't go so far away.

I'm ecstatic that Jerry has a foster home. He's such a lovely boy. :biggrin: Now need to get Beethoven sorted.

Got soaked out with BJ so am going to throw myself in the shower.