UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy Gotcha Day Little Dukey Shortlegs

JoT

Bit of an unusual gotcha day anniversary for my little Duke. It's a year ago that I collected him for a short-term foster whilst his proper Oldies Club foster home became available. He never went to his 'proper' foster home though as he turned out to be much livlier than expected (he was 14 and we were told he wasn't into exercise!) and he also had a few health problems.

The photo below was taken about an hour after he arrived. It took ages to get him inside as he was terrified and seemed to think we were going to hit him and make him stay outside. :mecry: He flattened himself against the door and observed the other dogs and then eventually realised that as they were OK, he would be OK.

DSC00390.jpg

Despite having been an only dog in his previous home, he loved being one of the gang:

GangSticks.jpg

He quickly found what seemed to be the perfect home. We were very sad to see him go but happy that he was going to live with a lady who was at home most of the time (he didn't like to be left and got very stressed). However, things didn't quite go to plan in his new home and, heartbreakingly for all concerned, Duke came back to us after 6 months in his new home. He walked back in as if he'd never been away and the gang welcomed him like a long lost friend. I really couldn't send him away again but it took a while to persuade Paul that that was the case! He crumbled eventually though. So Duke was here to stay. :wub: :biggrin:

I love this little dog to bits. I'd go so far as to say he's my favourite, although I try not to have favourites. Here are a few photos of him that are special to me.

DukeGemBlanket.jpg

Taken on the morning of his adoption - I think he knew I was sending him away!

DukeCattyMurph.jpg

Duke idolises 'Uncle Murph' (who is half Duke's age! :laugh: )

DukeM.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

He's spent a lot of his time here in the bath because of his skin problems so I had to include some bath photos!

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

Last weekend in Filey

Happy gotcha day, my special little Duke!

Edited by JoT

Happy Gotcha Day Dukey :wub: .

I remember showing OH his video and twisting his arm very tightly behind his back but OH has a very strong pain threshold and would not let me apply to adopt him. Duke looks so happy in his forever home. I love happy endings.