UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Bnp On Question Time

BillyMalc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the man and hate the things that he stands for however I didnt like question time last night. I felt it was a programme where we saw public bullying. The guy never got a real chance to answer questions thrown at him. Things were thrown at him left right and centre and was cut down without the chance to speak properly so what was the point on having him on at all apart from giving question time great publicity!

I think the BBC was right to let him on, it isn't up to them to decided what we hear and what we don't. We all have an off button if we don't want to hear what he has to say but many people did want to hear, they had to be able to so they could make their own mind up.

I also think that if you give someone a long rope, they will hang themselves a lot better and quicker than anyone else can do and as they do it themselves, more people will belive it. :flowers:

I dont like the man and hate the things that he stands for however I didnt like question time last night. I felt it was a programme where we saw public bullying. The guy never got a real chance to answer questions thrown at him. Things were thrown at him left right and centre and was cut down without the chance to speak properly so what was the point on having him on at all apart from giving question time great publicity!

He had the chance to answer every question - he just couldn't answer any of them without looking like an idiot. In my opinion.

I have just been watching it discussed on the Wright Stuff - I agreed with them that I was worried he would come across as looking credible. My worries were unfounded.

I know that this thread is about Question Time, but did anyone see the Panorama report after? I don't think it was a coincidence that it just so happened to be coincide with Nick Griffin's appearance.

Hate on the Doorstep? It was actually a repeat, I think - shown first a few nights ago?

Horrifying. I've read responses from people who live in that area of Bristol, pointing out that these kids are known trouble-makers and that their targets are not only Muslims - but I can't imagine how terrifying it must be to endure that kind of abuse.

What did you think?

The guy never got a real chance to answer questions thrown at him. Things were thrown at him left right and centre and was cut down without the chance to speak properly so what was the point on having him on at all apart from giving question time great publicity!

He was trying to defend the indefensible; that's why it was hard for him. His kind of politics does better away from public scrutiny, behind closed doors.

However, he did manage to share with us that he's not entirely convinced by recent Jewish history, doesn't like homosexuals, doesn't like Islam, does quite like the KKK, and believes there's such a thing as an "indigenous" British person - from as far back as the Ice Age, apparently. Oh, and as a nation we're Christian, he says. :rolleyes: I heard him quote parts of the Qur'an last night and wondered if his knowledge of it was any wider than his Biblical knowledge - the teachings of Jesus didn't seem to have a central place in his beliefs.

I imagine by "Christian" he means we display fairy lights and nativity sets on December 25th - hardly Biblical stuff. Nor did he explain why we're all supposedly following a religion founded by a middle-eastern Jew when we're so frightfully British and white.

No, he knew what to expect - he's apparently proud of being "the most hated man in Britain" - so he wasn't caught unawares. He had plenty of time to rehearse a few calm, sensible, intelligent responses (to the inevitable questions) - except there are none.

I did find myself agreeing with him on one tiny point though, sex education shouldn't be taught in primary schools.

Can't children be withdrawn from these classes if parents wish? I know faith schools are exempted. It's a different issue, but I tend to agree that formal sex education isn't what's needed in this country of ours - our children need to be taught (by parents, primarily) to value themselves. Another topic?

How fab was Bonnie. I've never heard of her but she behaved and treated him so perfectly and could really get points across in just a few words. Every time he went to touch her and started laughing I wanted to give him a slap. He did come across as utterly hopeless keep saying he couldn't remember saying something or he didn't and then the others being able to actually point out that he had as they had the info. I agree he did come across as an idiot but I'm still worried that his party is going to win more seats.Sadly I don't think Jack Straw has helped matters with his dithering about immigration matters.

I nearly posted this same topic myself yesterday - though for a different reason.

I would normally defend most people's right to free speech myself - whether I agree with them or not - but when I first heard he was going to be on my instant reaction was that it should NOT be allowed to go ahead.

I did then think through the various scenarios above and ironically despite that initial reaction knew I would have to watch it. :wacko:

Personally I didn't think that he came across that bad - perhaps in a silly little man type of way BUT, NOT as what he TRULY represents & that worries me a little as that manner has managed to win them a few seats already.

The one part I do believe was certainly true is that if these people ever gain a foothold in power there will be far far worse extremism than was voiced last night to come.

Protest vote if you must - but whether it be UKIP, The Green Party or even the Monster Raving Loonies party please vote for anyone other than BNP

I bet a "Who Do You Think You Are?" programme on Nick Griffin would throw up some unwelcome insights (for him) into his own family history.

And a test to identify where his mitochondrial DNA came from could be very revealing, as for all of us.

Good for Bonnie for pointing out that we all came from Africa originally. Any other starting point to determine national identity is totally arbitrary.

Pam

How fab was Bonnie. I've never heard of her but she behaved and treated him so perfectly and could really get points across in just a few words. Every time he went to touch her and started laughing I wanted to give him a slap.

Seems she felt the same way. :wink:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23760044-when-bonnie-greer-met-nick-griffin.do