UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mummys Little Sunbeam

Rumpole

My boy pickle :wub: who we took in aged approximately 5 weeks after he was abandoned by his uncaring breeder, is 12 months old on or around the 16th of october. despite his brain damage and mobility problems hes come a long long way since then, and im immensely proud of his sheer determination and bulldog spirit.

though he is still unable to walk, sorry read that as unwilling because he has found easier ways to get around so doesnt try too often :rolleyes: he has come on so much in other areas, his co ordination when eating is so much better and he now eats biscuits (something he was unable to do) and we seem to have solved the aspiration pneumonia issues when drinking (he takes his fluids in the form of ice cubes mainly these days), his nystagmus (eye flickering) has gone except for when hes really really excited and he is a normal bolshy juvenile in every other way.

dont get me wrong hes bloody hard work but when you look down and see this face staring up at you its well worth it.

my little sunbeam

DSCF5122.jpg

DSCF5121.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PICKLE

ive had the pleasure of being slobbered on by pickle on numerous occasions :laugh:

even though he cant walk he doesnt let it affect his quality of life and manages to get where hes going perfectly well (especially to eat the settee) :laugh:

pickle is a typical 1 yr old and is living life to the full, and i hope he has many years ahead of him :wub: