UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

Thank you for the thoughts :flowers:

Sadly, OH and builder have had a mare trying to find the real sewage pipe, digging out all kinds of pipes they thought was it, encased in concrete, only to find they are all old disused one. However they have now located real one and can sort it out. The air is blue with foul language and there has been much stomping around. And nasty smells of course.

Man who did this has already passed on to the big building site in the sky. He is responsible for everything that is carp about this building, but this one has to be one of the *best* yet :mad:

Since I have a horrendous cold I am not so much affected by smells. Pretty much the only good thing about this cold I have found so far :rolleyes:

Sorry to not be around and to be self-focused, but I am knackered, run down and poorly, and not really feeling up to anything other than getting through each day :flowers:

RMF: I have just bought another can opener. So far this year I have broken three :wacko:

That happened to me once when I was a student, and (clearly having far too much time on my hands :rolleyes: ) I wrote angrily to the manufacturer of the delinquent tin :laugh: . They send me a fiver to buy a new tin opener (at that time a tin opener cost about 80p). I have never forgotten this. Yay for Prince's Sardines. :biggrin:

Hope you track down the odd smell source Alex

I still can't find where the smell is coming from. It's a really acrid wee smell, much stronger than usual. I have been on my hands and knees sniffing round the rug with no luck. It was really embarrassing when the delivery man came with my display cabinet at lunchtime - I just couldn't get rid of the smell with any amount of air freshener :wacko: Tis really getting on my baps, so I am going to get changed and have another root round later.

I am glad you are feeling better though :flowers:

For Owl and Snow and any other poorly Fugees :GroupHug:

Mog I had a nob of a husband like that. Just keep reminding yourself that when all this is over you will not have to have anything to do with him ever again :flowers:

RMF : My noo (to me) display cabinet has arrived and I absolutely luffs it (even though it is much more ginormous than I thought it was gonna be) :wub: Not bad for £89 plus courier :happy:

SDC10823.jpg

ooo thats nice! what wood is it? I normally go for antique pine, but thats ruddy lovely

It's Cherry, to match the sideboard wot I got the other day. They are a good match actually, although I have seen the exact matching sideboard to the display cabinet on eBay but I'd best not seeing as I've just bought one :rolleyes::laugh:

Man who did this has already passed on to the big building site in the sky. He is responsible for everything that is carp about this building, but this one has to be one of the *best* yet :mad:

Since I have a horrendous cold I am not so much affected by smells. Pretty much the only good thing about this cold I have found so far :rolleyes:

Crikey Abby! :ohmy: It makes for hilarious reading, but I'm sure it's horrendous when you're caught up in it. Hope it'll get all resolved and that you'll feel better soon :flowers:

RMF: I have just bought another can opener. So far this year I have broken three :wacko:

Shoot Mog, better keep away from any strength machines in that gym then - you won't be able to afford it love! :laugh:

I still can't find where the smell is coming from. It's a really acrid wee smell, much stronger than usual. I have been on my hands and knees sniffing round the rug with no luck. It was really embarrassing when the delivery man came with my display cabinet at lunchtime - I just couldn't get rid of the smell with any amount of air freshener :wacko: Tis really getting on my baps, so I am going to get changed and have another root round later.

SDC10823.jpg

Very nice cabinet indeed Mrs Merle :)

As for the smell, could it be cat wee? That's one of the worst smells I know :sick01:

Was out earlier looking for neighbours black lab. Sometimes seems like everyone in this village has black labradors and none of them keep their gates shut! If you insist on using the 'wish and a prayer' method for keeping dogs in, while simultaneously living in a village with no street lighting, then at least choose a dog that people can see before they drive into it!

I didn't find the lab, though to be honest the only way I was likely to was falling over her. Fingers crossed she gets tired of lolloping about in the rain and goes home on her own.

dont normally post of this bit but wanted to say made Missy her first pilchard cake today from Wiggles recipe and she loved it! Her eyes were on stalks while i was baking it! She adores fish of any kind im sure thats why she is so shiny! thats and the fact that shes anyones for a cuddle so is constantly being stroked smooth!

Erm did you notice the smell before or after the sideboard arrived Alex? :unsure:

Hello Katie & Missy :wavey:

Victoria, hope the poor black Lab finds her way home safely. Blimmin people that let their dogs get out easily/run loose like that drive me mad :( Especially when they are rude to you if you try to help the dog :(

We have been further planning the festival today with our fab organising person. Took Mins, who decided to have a poo on their carpet :blush: She has never done that in anyone's house before. I think she got a bit confused as they are doing building work so there was lots of rubble around in the room and she's normally very good here and in other people's houses. Thankfully they have a dog of their own and weren't annoyed :laugh: We are currently deciding whereabouts in the field(s) the stages, stalls, parking, camping etc. should go. It's all rather exciting, scary but exciting. A few people are travelling from the US for it, how cool :)

Alex if you find where the problem is, feel free to call over and collect some kennel strength deodoriser. Even if you cant find the specifics, then you can always put some in a spray bottle and blast the room with the stuff :flowers:

Today was somewhat busy and Ive no idea where most of the day went. Ive eaten and showered and booked a train to london for next week. Im going to visit a friend for a few days and we are going to see Wicked at the theatre :biggrin: Then I will come home, faff about for a bit and then do a runner t'egypt. I really dont do cold weather anymore :laugh:

As for the smell, could it be cat wee? That's one of the worst smells I know :sick01:

I did suspect cat wee cos it's very strong smelling. Mia does spend a lot of time in the living room, but she has never ever wee'd in here before (though there's a first time for everything). I still can't find the bluddy smell so I am going to wash all the cushion covers, dog beds, etc.

Erm did you notice the smell before or after the sideboard arrived Alex? :unsure:

It happened overnight last night - the smell wasn't there when I went to bed last night and the sideboard has been here since Saturday so it's not that :flowers:

Alex if you find where the problem is, feel free to call over and collect some kennel strength deodoriser. Even if you cant find the specifics, then you can always put some in a spray bottle and blast the room with the stuff :flowers:

Thank you missus, I might take you up on it :flowers: