UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pics Of Beach Ride Today

Gemstone

:biggrin: I put my rotten cold on hold today for a couple of hours and went out for a blast down the beach on my favourite horse, Maddie :wub: I have been to the beach a few times before on Larry and have been looking forward to going on Maddie too. I booked the ride last week because I realised that the tide would be right out at the right time. Darren was working at home as he is ill too :rolleyes: so he came out in his lunch break to take some photos :biggrin:

DSC_7322.jpg

DSC_7309.jpg

DSC_7318.jpg

DSC_7325.jpgDSC_7327.jpgDSC_7329.jpg

DSC_7330.jpg

DSC_7333.jpg

Edited by Gemstone

thats brilliant ,you look as tho you are really enjoying yourself.

When I went to The Lake District a few weeks ago I had a few gallops along a beach too. After being out of the saddle for years I strained a muscle in my groin and it took me over a week to recover but it was wonderful.Never again tho,too old and too ill now. I am on the coloured cob.

lakeDistrictseptember2009158.jpg

Looks absolutely fantastic! I'm quite jealous :flowers:

You should come with me sometime :-) Give me a shout if you ever fancy a visit :flowers:

thats brilliant ,you look as tho you are really enjoying yourself.

When I went to The Lake District a few weeks ago I had a few gallops along a beach too. After being out of the saddle for years I strained a muscle in my groin and it took me over a week to recover but it was wonderful.Never again tho,too old and too ill now. I am on the coloured cob.

lakeDistrictseptember2009158.jpg

Well done you :biggrin:

You clearly had a great time! last time I rode on a beach, it was in Cornwall, and afterwards as the horses went downhill towards home, my saddle suddenly slipped and I ended up hanging upside down from one stirrup with my face about an inch away from the river :laugh: everyone else was sooo sympathetic..NOT! they couldn't stop laughing.

:ohmy: Suzeanna - scary!!

Julia those pics are fab and Maddie is beautiful. Bet she loved it too. How long have you been riding for now? Which riding school are you with.

I started riding two years ago. I was just hacking out to begin with as I had ridden a little bit when I was a kid. After about six months, the girl who used to take the hacks out suggested that I have lessons so that I could join in the cantering on the common. I was terrified of going fast though :rolleyes: It took me a year of lessons to get the courage to canter :blush: After a few months of cantering on the common and some more lessons, the riding instructor asked me where I wanted to go with my riding next. I replied "To the beach!!" and off I went :biggrin: I have been a few times through the summer and love it as you can see :laugh: .

I ride from www.parklaneliveries.co.uk :)

How jealous am I !!

That is my dream too and one day will do it. Went to Majorca last week and had a 2 hour ranch ride after being out of the saddle for 20 years! It was fantastic and I even dragged OH into the intermediate group (who had never ridden!!) and it was the funniest thing ever laugh.gif Two days later and I could hardly walk, although have now rediscovered muscles I thought I had well lost many years ago!!

May have to post a picture of OH in the saddle cause the horse really looks like it is saying - "What fun am I going to have"!!!