UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Money Saving Tips , Special Offers , Vouchers Etc

There are some great ones on good ole' Money Saving Expert, I read one last week about buying an Orange pay as you go sim card, which you can pick up for as little as £1, unlocking your mobile, and using the Orange sim card to get the Orange Wednesday cinema offer.

I know it's expensive stuff but.....I went to Crabtree and Evelyn today to buy some stuff for my "tortoise" hands (not hands belonging to a tortoise because, of course, they have claws, but my hands that are so dry that they look like little tortoises). Back to the bargains - I know their stuff is expensive but there's 40% off sets of products and if you spend over £25 you can buy a really lovely manicure set for £5. I thought that the sets could be split up for presents for that rapidly approaching time beginning with "Chr" and ending in "istmas".

hmmmm you know, the thing I find tricky with these offers and stuff is that I seem to end up looking at all this stuff which is on offer and cheap, and forget that I don't actually want or need most of it???

Oddly enough there aren't too many offers on smoked tofu, rye bread and baked beans :rolleyes: :laugh:

Morrisons often have Couldern Tofu Buy one get one free and 4 cans of branded beans for a quid

not sure about rye bread because I don't buy it but they they have bread on date for sale and I buy that and freeze it on the same day

I know it's expensive stuff but.....I went to Crabtree and Evelyn today to buy some stuff for my "tortoise" hands (not hands belonging to a tortoise because, of course, they have claws, but my hands that are so dry that they look like little tortoises). Back to the bargains - I know their stuff is expensive but there's 40% off sets of products and if you spend over £25 you can buy a really lovely manicure set for £5. I thought that the sets could be split up for presents for that rapidly approaching time beginning with "Chr" and ending in "istmas".

C & E do have gorgeous stuff, haven't been in in donkey's but used to love the Savannah Rain scent, and their Crimbo smells were lovely too, anyway the actual point of this post was to say, have you tried M&S's hand cream ? I got some last week and tis very very good, and has a lovely smell, very like Lizzie Arden's Green Tea scent, it's the one in the green tube btw, also, there is a rumour that M&S stuff is made by Clarins.

C & E do have gorgeous stuff, haven't been in in donkey's but used to love the Savannah Rain scent, and their Crimbo smells were lovely too, anyway the actual point of this post was to say, have you tried M&S's hand cream ? I got some last week and tis very very good, and has a lovely smell, very like Lizzie Arden's Green Tea scent, it's the one in the green tube btw, also, there is a rumour that M&S stuff is made by Clarins.

I haven't tried it but may well give it a go. Almost had a handcream disaster last night: The light was off in the bedroom and OH was asleep when I realised that I hadn't put any hand cream on so, in the dark, I went to find it. I groped around on the dressing table , found a tube and opened it, was about to squeeze out a big splurge when I reaklised it didn't smell quite right. I went into the bathroom, switched the light on and saw it was RED CREAM SHOE POLISH. :ohmy:

Doesn't everyone keep shoe polish on their dressing table? :D

Sorry, seriously off topic

Edited by Spins4me

I have been using this site for about 15 months now and it's brilliant:Read it Swap it

You list any books you have read and would like to swap for books you haven't read. All it costs is the price of 2nd class postage to send your book to the person you are swapping with. Postage costs vary from about 76p for a slim paperback to about £1.63 for larger paperbacks and with variants in between according to book size. It's best not to list hardback's as they can be expensive to send.

The site works on trust and works very well I may say in my experience :biggrin: I have done 75 trouble free swaps to date.

I have been using this site for about 15 months now and it's brilliant:Read it Swap it

You list any books you have read and would like to swap for books you haven't read. All it costs is the price of 2nd class postage to send your book to the person you are swapping with. Postage costs vary from about 76p for a slim paperback to about £1.63 for larger paperbacks and with variants in between according to book size. It's best not to list hardback's as they can be expensive to send.

The site works on trust and works very well I may say in my experience :biggrin: I have done 75 trouble free swaps to date.

I've used this site for about the same amount of time and have found it very good - lots of new reads for the price of postage.