UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Transfer Of Ownership Document/Receipt

KathyM

Does anyone here have a template I can print off to get Sidney's old owners to sign to act as proof of transfer of ownership? They turned up tonight (with kids) acting oddly, wanted to take him out by themselves, when I said I'd come with them, they declined and said they'd come back tomorrow. :unsure: Baz is going to go to theirs to put them off (he's out tomorrow and I'm not on top form), but I thought I'd best have a form ready in case I can talk them into doing it.

Thanks ever so much but Baz is going soon to try and get them to sign him over properly, so if anyone has one already typed up I would MUCH appreciate it. I am pretty stressed and am frightened I will word it wrongly. If anyone's about and has one I really need it asap and will be indebted to you forever!

Thanks

Kathy

OK I've done my best considering I don't have much time to get this done - will this do?

Transfer of Ownership

I, the undersigned, confirm that I relinquished ownership of the dog previously named "Benji" and described below, to Katherine Morris of XXXX XXXXX XXXXX , on Wednesday 9th September 2009. Ms. Morris became his permanent owner from that date onwards.

Dog's details:

Roughly 18 month old Jack Russell Terrier x Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Tan and black markings over eyes and ears, white stripe up nose. Body colour white with black spots on back. Black tail with white tip. Dappled stomach area. Pictured below for identification purposes. Previously known as "Benji".

I've then got two photos of him underneath, then space for signature and witness signature. Will that do? Have I missed anything?

Edited by snow
to remove address

Thanks lol!

We've just got back - went along with Sid and managed to talk them into it. However, they have said they got him from a stray kennels and he is already microchipped apparently (from what they were saying he was chipped before they got him as they said that's how they knew his name was Benji). They were fairly nice about it and the kids behaved better this time, they were nice kids that haven't been taught how to act around dogs, not really any ill intent in any of them (especially the youngest who I nearly offered to adopt as well as Sid!).

I will have to cancel the microchip appointment for the morning, so would appreciate knowing what to do about changing his microchip to our details if the owner we got him off isn't on the chip? I will ask the VN too when I ring. xx

Normally, you would have the microchip paperwork and their is a change of ownership part to complete and send off , with £10.00.

You will need the microchip number, so will need to get him scanned.

from the Petlog website

If you need to change over the ownership of a pet, you will need to send in the paperwork to show you are the new owner. You will need a Petlog confirmation letter, or a re-homing form to get this changed. If you have neither of these please contact Petlog on 0870 606 6751, quoting the microchip number.

according to the people who my dogs are registered with, if you contact them with the dogs chip number but are not the registered owner they will write to the original owner and if they don't respond within 30 days then they wll re-register him using your details

http://ww1.identichip.co.uk/owner/FAQA.cfm?faq=6

from website

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION 6

Q: How do I change the Ownership on my Pets Microchip? ?

A: If you have your pets microchip number and the security code, which can be found on your pets idENTICHIP Certificate you can amend your details on this website, using your Credit / Debit card details for payment.

Alternatively you can send the slip at the foot of the Certificate or a letter with your pets microchip number and new address details along with a cheque or postal order for £5. If a letter is sent to us that is not signed by the registered owner to request a change of ownership we have to send a relinquishment letter to them. By law we have to give them 30 days to reply. If we don't receive a reply to the letter after this time we are legally allowed to amend the relevent details on our database.

I understand they have to do that if they still have a registered owner, but legally he is not their dog any more as they didn't respond to the dog warden. It seems mad that they would give them a chance to respond in these cases. Saying that as yet we don't know who he is registered to. I have just got back from the vets with his microchip number. :flowers:

Normally, you would have the microchip paperwork and their is a change of ownership part to complete and send off , with £10.00.

You will need the microchip number, so will need to get him scanned.

from the Petlog website

If you need to change over the ownership of a pet, you will need to send in the paperwork to show you are the new owner. You will need a Petlog confirmation letter, or a re-homing form to get this changed. If you have neither of these please contact Petlog on 0870 606 6751, quoting the microchip number.

I cant remember if it was petlog, but one of the chip

registers was passing on the new details to previous owners.

and all hell broke loose.

I have been trawling all my old emails to find it but cant now

just be carefull

When i had Diesel he came microchipped, he'd been picked up by his breeder having wandered for a good 2 months or so. The breeder made attempts to contact the 'owners'. no replies..... When it came to his chip (which was a petlog one) I had to take Diesel to the vet to be scanned.... the vet then rung the breeder, confirmed my story and faxed details to petlog who then changed the details and sent me the paperwork, obviously in my name