UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts Needed For Ball Bouncing Bailey

selina

I've had an email from Bailey's owners this morning, he has been quite poorly, you can feel the pain they are going through at the thought of losing him in the email so if anyone could send some positive thoughts Baileys way and also to Martin and Tracey at what is obviously a very painful time for them I'd be so grateful.

I just thought you might want to know that Bailey is very ill at the moment - we're pretty sure he has some severe dementia. A lot of the time I don't think he recognises me or Tracey, and he only wants to know us if we have food or a ball, like he would any stranger. If we are on a sofa or a bed he won't join us, and if we are downstairs he wanders off to bed on his own for the night. Any time we try to stroke him he snarls at us. If one of us walks to the door he follows expectantly, as if he's waiting to be taken somewhere.... we're pretty sure that he's forgotten who we are, thinks we are his captors, and is desperate to go back 'home' to the person who had him before you.

Add that lot to his increasing pain in his legs and I fear the worst pretty soon. We've taken him to Brean for three weekends this year and have another weekend booked from the 18th-21st September, although in honesty I think we'll be lucky to make it. The vet says there are drugs to try to combat dementia so we will give them a go. If they fail though, there's no real point in all three of us being unhappy.

Ball Bouncing Bailey was such a special foster dog to look after, he won the hearts of both me and Rob and I'm sure many of the OC committee and followers to, sending positive thoughts Bailey old boy don't be to harsh on your Mum and Dad, they love you to bits.

Really sorry to hear this :mecry: I did the homecheck for Bailey and have met him a couple of times. Its hard to think of him behaving like this. He is such a happy little soul really. :wub:

My thoughts are with Martin and Tracey :GroupHug: I hope the meds help to improve things for bailey.