UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Five Dogs Go To The Beach

Sophie

We spent the last week in Pembrokshire, in Wales.  All the dogs came - Sophie, Logan and Sky were in the cottage with me, my sisters, and our OHs.  Morse and Smudge were with my parents in their caravan at a nearby caravan site.  We had a lovely time - Logan particularly enjoyed sharing a house with three people who were not used to having to watch their food like a hawk - he managed to steal a lot of food, including my sister's bacon and egg sandwich she'd made for breakfast    :ohmy:

We didn't do much on the holiday, apart from walking the dogs on the beach a lot, and vegging out reading (and a few of us did a bit of climbing), but I managed to get a lot of pics of the dogs on the beach :)

Sky was happy as we relaxed the ban on him chasing a ball - he really kills his hips when he stops sharply to grab the ball, but the sand was very forgiving and he didn't limp at all, so he was allowed to chase his ball.

newport052.jpg

newport053.jpg

newport072.jpg

Logan adored all the space for playing with his chuckit

newport054.jpg

newport011.jpg

newport027.jpg

newport029.jpg

Morse was his usual happy self playing ball on a rope:

newport016.jpg

newport018.jpg

newport039.jpg

Smudge was very happy to be allowed off-lead :)

newport022.jpg

newport023.jpg

As for Sophie, she was meant to be onlead only, as she still had her stitches in, but as she doesn't do running, we let her potter on the beach - she did a lot of standing, enjoying the wind in her fur.

newport024.jpg

newport035.jpg

And  a bit of standing, not enjoying the wind    :laugh:  (All was fine again once she re-oriented herself!) 

newport030.jpg

And with all that space to run and play in, this still happened    :ohmy:    :laugh:

newport079.jpg

It was a great holiday, and somewhere I'd definitely recommend - all the beaches allowed dogs, there is the coast path all along the coast for walking on, and it was just generally very nice :)   The cottage we were in had a large contained garden (Smudge could have squiggled under the gate, but it was fine for the bigger dogs), had dog beds we could use, and although dogs weren't allowed upstairs, they provided a stair gate to make it easy to implement :)

We stayed at Bro Dawel cottage in Newport.  There was a (small) beach and the coastal path at the end of the road, which was great :)

I think we got two properly sunny days, and the rest were pretty wet with a few breaks in the rain.

Smudge only ran off once, and didn't go far - just to visit someone coming out of the sea in a wetsuit, which is an obsession of his ever since Sarah and Pat took him body-boarding with them a couple of years ago (Sarah is my sister, Pat my BIL, and Pat is Smudge's favourite person in the world  :rolleyes: :laugh: )