UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Swine Flu Vaccinations

Pingu

My daughter is a health professional, she had to tell her boss the names of all the patients she had been in contact with last week.

She tried to eat a packet of crisps in order to keep the tablets down, and she feels it worked, as they stayed down along with the tablet.

I am staying downstairs out of her way, if she comes down, I am out with the Virkon!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum's doctor has died from it. He is Dr Day from Dunstable .Its quite frightening when it gets that close!! How would you know if you had swine flu and not ordinary flu as our doctors are saying stay away and phone the helpline but the helpline says discuss it with your doctor !! x

No way am I having any vaccine. Don't trust any government as far as I can throw them.

How many people die of regular flu every year?

I don't know why but, I'm not in the slightest bit worried.

Same here :rolleyes:

The pharmaceutical company must be laughing all the way to the bank (as usual).

Isn't is convenient that they are now able to shift that stockpile of Tamiflu that was sat doing nothing for so long?

I don't trust the Government or the drugs giants or anyone in fact out to make big bucks for themselves.

If you think about it, if the drugs companies are there to heal and cure everyone where would they make money? They wouldn't be needed would they? They are so rich and powerful so what does that tell us?

Edited by Houndwoman

My mum's doctor has died from it. He is Dr Day from Dunstable .Its quite frightening when it gets that close!! How would you know if you had swine flu and not ordinary flu as our doctors are saying stay away and phone the helpline but the helpline says discuss it with your doctor !! x

Cher, according to the BBC's updated article, he didn't die from swine flu:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8150527.stm :flowers:

(still very sad for his family and friends of course).

People in the building Mr Hazell works in started coming down with Swine flu last week. It's now in his office because one of his colleagues has it today. Sods law that Mr Hazell will get it next week when he's already booked a few days off :rolleyes: I don't want to be vaccinated and I'd want to know a heck of a lot more about the vaccine before I let the girls have it, especially Georgia with her mankiness. Her skin is just recovering from a particularly nasty outbreak and I'd worry a vaccine could make it worse.

Cher, according to the BBC's updated article, he didn't die from swine flu:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8150527.stm :flowers:

(still very sad for his family and friends of course).

It doesn't say he didn't die from swine flu just that it wasn't a suspicious death (for example murder) so he has died from natural causes (usually an illness) as yet undetermined but he did have the swine flu virus.

It doesn't say he didn't die from swine flu just that it wasn't a suspicious death (for example murder) so he has died from natural causes (usually an illness) as yet undetermined but he did have the swine flu virus.

They've changed that since I looked and posted. It definitely said earlier that he hadn't died of swine flu or I'd not have posted it on here. Looks as though the article was updated again an hour or so after I posted. Wish I'd taken a screen shot of it now.

They've changed that since I looked and posted. It definitely said earlier that he hadn't died of swine flu or I'd not have posted it on here. Looks as though the article was updated again an hour or so after I posted. Wish I'd taken a screen shot of it now.

Reuters has nothing on the Refuge eh :D

The vaccine eh? Well I doubt i'll have it but... every year there is a flu vaccine given routinely to vulnerable people. Every year this is a new vaccine aimed at the strains of 'normal' flu doing the rounds, and as such is relatively untested. Do we get into a hissy fit over it? Nope... Why? Cos the media isn't interested. Swine flu has given the bandwagon a thorough outing and is mainly aided and abetted by the media.

I work in residential special education, we have had 3 kids with swine flu and about 20 staff, many of them I think are victims of the bandwagon or paranoia (some definately had it tho) The kids are all special needs and at risk and are all recovered now.

People die of flu each year, and the mortality rate of H1N1 in lower than the rate of 'normal' flu in the uk at present. (lets hope it stays that way)

No way am I having any vaccine. Don't trust any government as far as I can throw them.

How many people die of regular flu every year?

I don't know why but, I'm not in the slightest bit worried.

Same here :rolleyes:

The pharmaceutical company must be laughing all the way to the bank (as usual).

Isn't is convenient that they are now able to shift that stockpile of Tamiflu that was sat doing nothing for so long?

I don't trust the Government or the drugs giants or anyone in fact out to make big bucks for themselves.

If you think about it, if the drugs companies are there to heal and cure everyone where would they make money? They wouldn't be needed would they? They are so rich and powerful so what does that tell us?

I so agree! Just wondered if they've had to repackage the Tamiflu, because the 'use by' date expired last year :rolleyes:

Reuters has nothing on the Refuge eh :D

I've often thought that. :laugh:

Torchwood dead topical: scary! :unsure:

I've got some bug or other but for all I know it could be any one of a thousand things, how are you supposed to tell? Presumably there is no point getting a vax if you think you've already had it. So far I don't think my bug is bad enough, but even if it was worse, how can you tell?

Edited by cycas

I had the flu jab last year at work, I don't normally

have them but Lisa was starting her chemo back then

and I wanted all bases covered

I felt crappy for the next 3 days, this year I wont have it

as the last time I had flu was about 10 years ago.

There is someone in the office off with suspected swine flu

but not heard anything more.

we do have the antibacterial gel dispensers all round the place though.