UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Found A Dog Today

raerae

Hi, this is my 1st time on the forum. Today I found a Rotweiler tied to a tree in the forest. she was shaking and when we approached her she wet herself. She is now with the dog warden and has only got 7 days. Is there any more I can do? I have emailed Mutts in Distress (waiting for them to get back to me) and I rang Rotty Rescue but they are full. Does anyone out there know where she could get help? I am in Epping Forest Essex. I have an oldie dog (Jasper) and 3 cats. I'm tempted to rehome her myself but don't know anything about the breed and am a bit nervous at the thought, but I can't stand the thought of her being PTS. Pleeese Help.

Hi

You could try another forum called "Rescue Helpers Unite" - put this into google and itll come up - which may be able to help you if you put a post up there. Its a group of like minded individuals and some rescues who do their best to help dogs in need including poundies in this situation. Good luck.

Hi could you possibly PM me your details, what area you are in etc. I have some numbers which may help you.

Hi

You could try another forum called "Rescue Helpers Unite" - put this into google and itll come up - which may be able to help you if you put a post up there. Its a group of like minded individuals and some rescues who do their best to help dogs in need including poundies in this situation. Good luck.

Poor dog :( Well done for helping her :flowers:

You could try PMing John, who runs a rottie rescue. He's not in your area but he might know of another rescue in your area that he could suggest. If you click on his profile here: http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.php?showuser=1516 you can click on "send a message" to send him a private message.

Do you know what happens to the dogs after their seven days?

You obviously have a heart of gold and were meant to be there at that time :flowers:

I have sent you loads of contacts and numbers that may be able to help you. They are not all in your area but have contacts country wide. Some are in London, Croydon areas and help alot with pound dogs. Staffies, bullie breeds and rotties.

I can assure you she won't be pts :flowers:

She will have been taken to the kennels that act as 'pound' for our area, and if not claimed after 7 days, will automatically be signed over to the RSPCA (who I volunteer for), who operate out of the same kennels, for rehoming.

My OH came home to tonight from walking our dogs in the forest (Loughton?) and was told about this by others he met up with. I'd like to thank you so much for helping this poor girl. So many dogs are dumped in the forest, and until last year they could be taken to Loughton Police station and picked up from there.

If she is not claimed and is rehomed locally, then I'll probably be the one doing the home visit to ensure she gets a good home.

Thank you again for helping her :flowers:

You should always report instances like this to the police as there is always a possibility that the owner may be somewhere in the immediate are but out of sight needing rescue or attention. ( more so in areas where thereis a lot of rough sleeping or homelessness)