UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Had To Share This Story

Jasmine

Not sure if anyone remembers that Sham hated being groomed when we first adopted her. She'd growl and snap when we touched her with the brush etc. She had to be muzzled for a while at the groomers. Anyway she was fine after a while but this story today made me laugh.

I changed groomers to one more local who works from home in a purpose built unit, she's a lovely lady and has 3 rescue dogs herself. I took Sham this morning and then she got dropped off when finished. The lady said that Sham makes her laugh, when I said that she does have some funny ways and expressions she told me what had happened.

She'd given her a first trim etc, then while she cleaned that up told Sham she could go for a wee, drink etc and wander round the garden before her shower, but, when she turned round Sham was already stood in the shower looking at her as if to say "Well come on then lets get on with it" She does this at home now when the ear cleaner or brush come out, she goes and lies on the rug waiting. Then, when she's finished she goes to the treat cupboard awaiting her reward.

How things have changed. :laugh:

Bless her, clever girl - just shows how things can change with positive methods doesn't it :wub:

My Max having things in his ears when he first came here, it took two of us to do it - one to hold him (including his mouth closed :rolleyes: ) and one to do the cleaning/drops etc., but we made sure he got a nice treat afterwards.

He does the same as Sham now, sits through just me doing his ears and then waits for a treat by the dog cupboard (that is the kitchen cupboard where we keep dog treats etc. not a cupboard I keep the dogs in :laugh: )

Aw Marian thats lovely to read Sham has came so far in her life with you Bri and the girls do you think Sham would have a quiet word in Madam Akiras ear please she is still a wee sod when it comes to grooming i just have to pick up the brush and she runs :laugh:

I tell her shes a spoilt brat who does not appreciate the good life shes got because shes never known anything else , i often wonder if our rescue dogs appreciate us more because they did not have a good start and i knowt hats crediting them with human emotions but it does make me wonder as Storm is so much more obedient loves being groomed and will let me cut his nails with no problems where Madam is a real drama queen , hates being brushed , hates getting her nails cut and loves being a pain in the butt :laugh: Just as well i love her to bits is'nt it ?

Fiona xx