UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts And Reiki For Sid Please

elainew

Well, we're all getting pretty fed up.

After 3 ops there is still a hole in Sid, the stitches keep splitting. It's just going to be allowed to heal over in its own time, I am not putting him through another op. Poor Sid is still wearing his space helmet and is not being allowed on walks.

We're now trying covering it in manuka honey each evening but wound has to be cleaned before we go to bed because I'm sure that would be an attractive place for flies, other dogs etc - and it's impossible to bandage for long

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no Elaine, I'm so sorry poor Sid is still having problems :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Manuka Honey is good stuff. I think you can get an ointment based on it which may be less messy to apply and less likely to attract wasps etc.

Edited by Fee

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was really hot, hole has almost healed so I ttok Sid's spacehelmet off, he was quite relaxed and went and sat in the garden. I went to check on him - and he had shredded his wound to bits, taken off all the skin. So op 4 late yesterday, a night at the vets and we are back to where we were about a month ago. I am gutted! :mecry:

Elaine what about using seaweed dressings or rather seaweed fibre - I think they call it Alginate? Our old GSD 20 years ago was on a trial for these dressings due to his skin condition, they worked fantastically to heal wounds and wont attract flies or wasps etc.