UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts And Reiki For Sid Please

elainew

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaine what about using seaweed dressings or rather seaweed fibre - I think they call it Alginate? Our old GSD 20 years ago was on a trial for these dressings due to his skin condition, they worked fantastically to heal wounds and wont attract flies or wasps etc.

Interesting idea thanks, shall investigate. Trouble is we have found it impossible to kep any dressing on Sid's leg because of the position of the wound, they just slid down

You can now get silver dressings, ask your vet for them.

2 years ago Bonnie was running past me when she caught my leg with her nails and made a terrible mess of my leg, It started to heal with Coloidial Silver but the doctor found out about it and insisted on me having it treated by the nurses. They put a jell in and made a terrible mess, it was starting to smell gangerous. I went in one day to tell them I no longer wanted them to treat it and was told they had a new dressing, silver dressing. Imediately it started to heal. It took some time because of the state it was in but it healed.

About 6 weeks ago I dropped a full toolbox on the back of my leg, didn't break the skin so thought it was just bruised. One day I was in the show and found a big blister type lump on it so dressed it to protect it. This burst, it was far worse than what Bonnie did and as I still had some of this silver dressing I used that. I am no longer using this dressing, the hole has filled up from the inside which is what it needed, I just have a plain dressing on now and hopefully when I dress it tomorrow or Tuesday, you don't change this every day, I won't need any more dressings on.

This silver dressing is very good, it is expensive but well worth the money.

• 4 weeks later...

A little update - over 2 months later and poor Sid is still wearing his spacehelmet and allowed very little exercise. The good news is that in the last couple of weeks the hole has closed a lot and we think another 2 weeks should complete the healing! We are concerned because apparently the skin around a mast cell tumour remains very brittle so Sid will only be allowed out of his buster collar whil under supervision for a while just in case he decides to have a go at it again! We had to go with just manuka honey because it is impossible to apply a dressing to the area.