UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gutted Beyond Gutted

Fee

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is a feel bad now as we have a holiday booked half term week so they are being sent to another foster home, but if they dont settle there they will be coming back to us even if we have to cut the holiday short as we think they had enough stress yesterday.

You mustn't feel bad Debs, you of all people deserve your holiday! We have a lovely foster place lined up for Bolo and Mitzi while you are away, and they are really looking forward to having them. They will be fine, honestly :flowers:

How can people decide in the space of a few hours to hand them back without giving them a chance to settle - it's so unrealistic. So frustrating after all the checks and preparation. People never cease to amaze me! How good for them to be able to return to their foster family who sound absolutely great.

Aren't 'people' just so annoying...dont they think things through :grrr:

Please don't feel bad...you have done a fantastic job with these two lovely dogs. I can sympathise with how you feel though I had exactly the same thing happen with my foster dog.

The people who had him did last a little bit longer...till 9pm the next day having had him at 1pm the previous day, and I like you was gutted and upset as you feel so protective of them and then feel sooo guilty. I too was then off on holiday a week later and Max had to go to a friends house and I felt sooo guilty again!!.......but Max was fine he had a great time on holiday and now back with me he is the same lovely Max.

But I know how you feel ...but go and enjoy yourself and view it as they are off on holiday to and they will have a fab time, the same as you should :GroupHug:

Edited by Lydford

No matter how carefully you vet there are those that know how to work the system that is designed to weed them out. Thier desire to have something far out weighs thier common sense and humanity to treat animals as sentient beings.

When thier addiction is fed they no longer want.

I would name them so they never get the chance again.

God knows you have all gone beyond to help these little dogs. They probably wont even remember by tommorow that they have been away bless them. Its a terrible shame.

I think the problem was that one partner was used to dogs, and genuinely wanted them and would have (I think) been prepared to give them a chance. Sadly the other partner didn't have much experience with dogs, was carried along by the idea but in the event was too intimidated by Bolo's size and found him 'scary' :(

Bless him, poor old Bolo has lived with children, dogs, cats, chickens and ferrets and never put a foot wrong in his foster home :wub:

It is upsetting for us, we work so hard to try to get it right - all our homes go through a telephone interview, an application form, a home visit and an adoption visit to meet the dogs. It's hard to know what more we can do. I suppose however carefully you rehome there will always be the odd one that doesn't work out - just such a shame it was these two :mecry:

Sadly the other partner didn't have much experience with dogs, was carried along by the idea but in the event was too intimidated by Bolo's size and found him 'scary' :(

I'm not sure whether to :laugh: or :mecry:

Bolo is possibly the least scary dog I have ever met - he's a big puppy!!

Fee has hit the nail on the head, the poor bloke was physically shaking when he brought them back but I just wish he had said to his partner that he was wary of the size of him so they could have talked it over first, even gone away and come back when they had discussed it, she was so taken to them the minute she walked in so I expected she is as gutted as us.

Well the duo seem none the worse for wear today, mitzi by my feet and Bolo taking up most the sofa :rolleyes:

Fee has hit the nail on the head, the poor bloke was physically shaking when he brought them back but I just wish he had said to his partner that he was wary of the size of him so they could have talked it over first, even gone away and come back when they had discussed it, she was so taken to them the minute she walked in so I expected she is as gutted as us.

Well the duo seem none the worse for wear today, mitzi by my feet and Bolo taking up most the sofa :rolleyes:

I'm glad they were sent back - the adopters clearly aren't true dog lovers and even if you are a bit intimidated by the size of a dog, they had already met the dogs and should have said then that there was some uncertainty. It's a good job Bolo and Mitzi don't understand what went on. Hopefully they just saw it as a day out!!! I can't believe they were given so little time to settle in and get to know each other :(

They are lucky to have such great foster carers but it would have been fantastic if it had worked out. Let's hope the next people are true dog lovers and give them the home they deserve.

Enjoy your holiday Whitetiger and don't feel bad.