UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alan Wins Best Black Dog

Birdie

Alan and his sisters went to the Greyhound Gap Show in Birmingham last Sunday. It is about a 2 hour drive but the dogs love their little van affectionally known as the 'Bean Machine' after Holly Bean :)

They and we enjoyed meeting and greeting everyone. The dogs did really well with Alan winning 'Best Black Dog' out of over 30 dogs and Holly coming second in 'Dog the judge would most like to take home'. Meg, Sherry and Grace entered the open class for dogs that had not yet won anything and came joint fifth.

A friend of mine took these pics and i love them

Alan

Alan.jpg

Grace

Grace.jpg

Holly

Holly.jpg

Meg

Meg.jpg

Sherry

Sherry.jpg

While we were there i bought Meg, now 9, a new harness which has worked a treat. I have spent the last 7 years trying to get Meg to walk nicely on a lead using reward based training, and stopping walking the more she pulls and other various techniques but nothing has worked and she has alway lent into her collar. But not anymore :thumbsup_anim: It is like walking a different dog and i am now finally enjoying walking her again as more recently Andy has walked her as it is easier on my back. I can thouroughly recommend them as it is so nice not to feel like i or she are being dragged around by the other.

If you look at the pics you might notice a friend who entered his black dog in the show trying to steal Alan so he has the best black dog. The thing is Alan just walked off with him and didn't bat an eyelid :rolleyes: .

Hope you like the pics and there are some more i took in the slideshow below if you just click the link below

th_03052009502.jpg

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l269/kir...nt=2c7ca3ae.pbw