UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Maisy - The Dwarf Staffy, An Update And New Pics

Phoenyx

Sorry I've not been around much but you may remember this little girl:

http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=45705

maisy.jpg

Maisy was unwanted by her owners when they did a flit from their rented house and she ended up landing on my doorstep along with 3 emaciated young rabbits. :unsure:

The rabbits all survived by the way but nothing was ever found of the other missing rabbits and guinea pigs :mecry:

After a good exam and xrays by our vet we now know that Maisy is indeed a dwarf, with stunted and bandy legs that seem to go in different directions to the rest of her a lot of the time! :laugh: Her whole body is oddly proportioned but she seems fit otherwise and her heart seems to be fine. She's now been spayed too.

She's completely oblivious to the fact that she's not quite 'normal' and she is a typical boisterous little staffy who loves to play and chew stuff.... especially the other dogs who have now decided that she's is actually another dog and is great fun to play with (apart from Jonathan who's scared of her, Henry who doesn't really 'do' play and old Guinevere who can't be bothered). Even big stoopid Merlin has started to try to play but she keeps tripping him up instead :wacko:

Maisy's little legs don't have quite the energy and stamina that she seems to think they have so she keeps tripping and falling over. She has callouses on her knees, skinned toes and scrapes all over the place but she doesn't seem bothered at all. Stairs are a bit tricky for her :rolleyes:

Her little feet were very swollen when she came in, with splits between her pads, but they're a lot better now that she's getting out and about in the garden and has some decent food and attention. Her skin has improved a lot too!

A few more pics for the 'gremlin' fans:

maisy4.jpg

maisy5.jpg

maisy2.jpg

maisy8.jpg

maisy6.jpg

Maisy is still young, around 18 months, and for now her condition isn't really a problem for her. As she ages though she will probably have problems with her joints and she may not live to be very old. She really needs a special home, she's fine here for now but we really would love to see her go to someone who can spend a lot more one-on-one time with her and preferably with other dogs. Maisy is besotted with Storm, our tripod staffy/greyhound cross :wub:

I'll keep you updated and I MUST get the website updated with all the newbies this year :rolleyes:

maisy3.jpg

:wub:

Thanks for the update. She does look like an amazing little doggy. :wub: How could anyone not love that cute little face and what a smile! :wub: :biggrin:

I'm sure she will find a lovely forever home, in the not too distant future :biggrin:and maybe not so far away

and maybe not so far away

:flowers: Good luck cutie pie. :wub: :wub: