UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Riley

riley

As some of you will know, Riles has SLO, he's not responding to his meds any more :mecry: he's crying during the night before a nail drops out, 3 in as many weeks, he won't go for walks and he won't eat, just spending the days on his bed. The vet is changing his meds and we pick the new lot up tomorrow but he's really suffering. He's not eaten properly for three days, I've made fish, steak, burgers, garlic tuna, nothing tempts him. Having said that, he seems happy on his bed, he won't poo in the garden but he will walk to the top of the field at the back of the house, poo then go back. I don't want to lose him. He was my baby way before the tiddlers came along. he got me through a nasty bout of PND and he and I are soul mates. I guess Im hoping you guys can help, but I dont know how.

It is so hard, you want to help them so badly, and would do anything if it helped. It is also hard when you have shared good and bad times in your life with them. When I lost my cat (aged 20 years), he had been there when all 6 of the children were small, and the house didn't seem the same without him.

I hope the medication will help him soon.

So sorry to hear he's struggling..hope a change of meds helps :GroupHug:

Will be thinking of you all..he was my first "proper" greyhound foster and always has a special place in my heart...I'm humming "Danny Boy" as I type and sending him good thoughts :wub:

Mandy

Lucy has SLO. The vet has given her Onychotin which has got Biotin in it. Helps to strengthen her nails. So far, so good.

Hope that Riley is feeling better soon. :flowers:

Lucy sends him gentle and consoling doggy hugs and kisses. :GroupHug:

Edited by greys mum